Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Softphone on Win7

    Windows 7

    I'm getting the following error message when I initiate a call in windows 7 (softphone) Any ideas?


  • #2
    I am not sure what error you are getting, but I am getting the following error also.

    See attachment

    Windows 7 Build 7100
    Shoretel 9 14.5.5409.0
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by huffditty View Post
      I am not sure what error you are getting, but I am getting the following error also.

      See attachment

      Windows 7 Build 7100
      Shoretel 9 14.5.5409.0
      If you open MMC and go to the component services snap in under COM+ Applications you will see SoftPhone - Right click and go to properties, then to security - uncheck the top box - "Enforce access checks for this application"

      That will get you past the fatal error and probably to the error I'm getting now. (the error comes when you initiate a call, but it still connects at least for a moment)

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow that did do the trick, I had one way audio on my PC speakers (i did not mess around with them much), connected up my blue tooth and all is well.

        How the heck did you figure that out...just curious and thank you very much!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by huffditty View Post
          Wow that did do the trick, I had one way audio on my PC speakers (i did not mess around with them much), connected up my blue tooth and all is well.

          How the heck did you figure that out...just curious and thank you very much!
          I've actually had this problem with Vista as well as 7, I looked in the event log after the fatal error and saw that it was a COM error that had to do with permissions, so i just went hunting in component services and found the softphone, that checkbox seemed like the easiest way around the issue, instead of trying to actually correct the permissions.

          Comment


          • #6
            Huff, is everything working for you now? I'm still getting the above error that I posted the first time, I initially had it on a pre-RC build - now on a fresh install of 7100 but the call disconnects after exactly 5 seconds and that error pops up right away.
            Anyone have thoughts/ideas?

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, I am not sure if I have seen that issue before, but this is directly off of the knowledge base as follows. Give this a try, and see what happens

              Softphone access problems

              Two users with Softphone access, when one is using it, and the other enables theirs, the first user is kicked off.

              One possiblility:

              Have to change the registry settings to apply their physical NIC MAC Address to the Softphone because the Softphone is using the VPN MAC Address which causes a conflict for the two users.

              Procedure to do this is:

              Close Shoretel Call Manager Software

              Goto Start>Run>cmd

              In the command window:

              ipconfig /all

              **Write down the Physical Address listed for their Ethernet Card(NIC)**

              Go to Start>Run>regedit

              Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>EYEP MEDIA>MGCP

              Edit ENDPOINT NAME

              Edit the MAC that is inserted after EYEP_ by inserting the physical NIC MAC Address with out spaces or dashes.

              Example EYEP_456677668899

              Restart ShoreTel Call Manager

              Launch Softphone.

              Verifiy that it comes up successfully.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by huffditty View Post
                Well, I am not sure if I have seen that issue before, but this is directly off of the knowledge base as follows. Give this a try, and see what happens

                Softphone access problems

                Two users with Softphone access, when one is using it, and the other enables theirs, the first user is kicked off.

                One possiblility:

                Have to change the registry settings to apply their physical NIC MAC Address to the Softphone because the Softphone is using the VPN MAC Address which causes a conflict for the two users.

                Procedure to do this is:

                Close Shoretel Call Manager Software

                Goto Start>Run>cmd

                In the command window:

                ipconfig /all

                **Write down the Physical Address listed for their Ethernet Card(NIC)**

                Go to Start>Run>regedit

                Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>EYEP MEDIA>MGCP

                Edit ENDPOINT NAME

                Edit the MAC that is inserted after EYEP_ by inserting the physical NIC MAC Address with out spaces or dashes.

                Example EYEP_456677668899

                Restart ShoreTel Call Manager

                Launch Softphone.

                Verifiy that it comes up successfully.
                I have no EYEP Media under HKLM\Software??

                JK - I found it - It had my correct wired mac address, i tried switching to wireless and putting the wireless mac there but still get the same error....
                Last edited by mdmogren; 06-09-2009, 10:49 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  OK I finally figured this out - the error only happens when I am trying to use the speakers and built in mic - if i plug in a USB headset and use that everything works just dandy, even in 64 bit! Victory is mine!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X