Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group paging vs Intercom

We have a fairly large set up with over 450 extensions.
    We have 7 locations and a variety of Shoretel switches running 8.1.
    We currenlty do not have a large number of paging groups set up and paging is not used very much.
    We are getting ready to add a new location where paging is used heavily.
    It's a medical facility where the techs are notified that a new patient is there by paving via the phone.
    Looking int this I have concerns about group paging, I don't think the number of extensions in the group will be an issue but the number of pages going over the WAN is my concern.
    One thought I have is using Intercom instead of paging.
    I understand that Intercom is 2 way communication where paging is 1 way.
    What would be other issues?
    Can I intercom to a group or multiple phones at once?

Originally posted by Digit View Post
    We have a fairly large set up with over 450 extensions.
    We have 7 locations and a variety of Shoretel switches running 8.1.
    We currenlty do not have a large number of paging groups set up and paging is not used very much.
    We are getting ready to add a new location where paging is used heavily.
    It's a medical facility where the techs are notified that a new patient is there by paving via the phone.
    Looking int this I have concerns about group paging, I don't think the number of extensions in the group will be an issue but the number of pages going over the WAN is my concern.
    One thought I have is using Intercom instead of paging.
    I understand that Intercom is 2 way communication where paging is 1 way.
    What would be other issues?
    Can I intercom to a group or multiple phones at once?

You can not intercom multiple phones at once. I'd suggest working with your partner to evaluate the distributed paging application that Shoretel Professional services wrote. It'd be a good fit for your environment.

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
      You can not intercom multiple phones at once. I'd suggest working with your partner to evaluate the distributed paging application that Shoretel Professional services wrote. It'd be a good fit for your environment.
      Do you know how we could get a copy of the distributed paging application or how I could learn more about it?

Comment

Contact your Shoretel partner and they should be able to assist you.

Comment

Working...
        X