Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone gets"no service" message

I have an ext. with a BB24 and 212K behind it. Running 8.1. The phone intermittingly goes to "no service" withthe BB24 stays connected. Any idea why?

This is the only phone that has any issues at that site? I assume you have a phone switch at that site, correct? Is the FTP server also at that site?

Comment

No Service is typically a sign of not enough IP resorces take a peek in quick look for the site that is having this issue. getzjd has a point as well is the switch local if it connecting across a wan you may be losing connectivity to the switch. I would view your event log to see what is going on with that site. An possibly the ip address as well for that phone and see if it is a mapping issue.

or i just thought of this check the POE switch for the current power draw on your data switch type you would need in a Idle state 6watts and in a active state 10.2watts. Power may be your issue
      Last edited by JMozee; 03-18-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

It is single site. Now happening on different ext. Phone will be working,goes dead w/"no service message" in display,then will restore itself if you wait. Happens sporadically throughout the day. Is it a POE issue?

Comment

BB

I would think that you have a bad button box. A POE issue would lean more towards losing power.

do you have another button box to test with?

Comment

I had the exact same issue. Customer had multiple sites but only one site had the issue. Half the phones would go down with no service, it would last 5 to 15 mintues then the phones would come back up. 20min to hour later the phones would drop again. They only had one switch on site, so I brought in a 40/8 and assigned the phones to the new switch and the issue stopped. The switch in question was a SG-50. How many switches do you have at the site? Find out what switch the phones that go no-service are assigned to and move them to another. If they stop then you no what switch it is. My customer is running 8.1 6910.

Comment

What version/build are you running, because I know there is a known issue with 8.1 6910 and button boxes. I have one customer that lost the last four buttons on all of his button boxes, other wise the boxes work fine except for the last four buttons. ShoreTel says the issue will be fixed on a later release.
              Weird!!

Comment

Not a BB24 issue. It moves to other phones. Running 8.1 and all switches are 3)SG-50's.Build 13.24.2504.0
                Last edited by flyingdutchmanVa; 03-25-2009, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by southeasternMI View Post
                  I had the exact same issue. Customer had multiple sites but only one site had the issue. Half the phones would go down with no service, it would last 5 to 15 mintues then the phones would come back up. 20min to hour later the phones would drop again. They only had one switch on site, so I brought in a 40/8 and assigned the phones to the new switch and the issue stopped. The switch in question was a SG-50. How many switches do you have at the site? Find out what switch the phones that go no-service are assigned to and move them to another. If they stop then you no what switch it is. My customer is running 8.1 6910.
                  Was IP Phone Failover enabled (even if you didn't have a second switch at the site)?

Comment

Yes,Failover is enabled.

Comment

No it isn't, should it be?

Comment

I think there is some underlying issue with 8.1 and SG-50s, because I have had a lot of weird issues with SG-50s.

Comment

I have a 230 that I just could not get to go "in service." The phone would power on and boot up but remain in the "no service" status. It turned out to be a bad network cable - one pin was not connected. Have you tried a different network cable between the BB and the 212?

Comment

Got the same problem too... almost all of our shoretel 115 goes "no service " from time to time. its on the same vlan SG90 and director and the phones but still getting no service. if it is a POE issue what voltage does the shoretel 115 requires and do we have a specific switch does the shoretel requires? we are currently using CISCO SG900 POE

Comment

There was a defect that affected a few versions and builds that would cause the phones to lose connection like this. You didn't say what version and build you are using.

Comment

Working...
                              X