Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rightfax Server with T1 card & Shoretel Integration

I'm looking into possibly integrating our office's RightFax server with Shoretel. Currently the Rightfax server has a T1 card and sends/receives faxes via a dedicated T1 trunk that comes into our office from our Telco.

We are using Shoretel 6.1 (11.15.5300) currently. I'm wondering what Shoretel/Server Hardware I might need to integrate the RightFax server with Shoretel? Will I need to change the T1 card in the Rightfax server with a different card?

I'd appreciate a response if anyone has had any experience tying a T1 based Rightfax server in with Shoretel.

Even though it's not supported by ShoreTel, you can use a T1 to integrate with a Fax Server.

Here's how: set up a Site Fax Extension that Call Forwards Always to an Off System Extension set up on T1 Trunk Group. Assign the Trunk Group to the SG-T1 connected (using a VOICE T1 crossover cable). When the fax call is detected, the system redirects it to the Fax Extension which then sends it to the OSE over the T1. Then the call is answered on the far end of the T1 line, the original destination’s digits are passed as DTMF.

Comment

We have a Brooktrout PRI fax card with GFI.
      It does work but it's not the best solution.
      We were running about 90% success rate on outgoing faxes.
      After taking the PRI off the ShoreTel and directly to the fax server we went to 95+%.
      Seems after upgrading from 7.5 to 8.1 there were alot of codek issues when calls went from one shoregear to another.

Comment

Thanks Guys. I think we are going to move forward with purchasing a Brooktrout 4 analog port card. After analyzing the amount of fax calls we send and receive, we can save alot of money by dropping our T1 and running it via analog trunks to the SG switches. I'd rather implement a solution that is *officially* supported instead of a work around in case we have problems. Thank you for the suggestions!

Comment

We have had a lot of trouble using GFI and a 4-port Brooktrout as a fax solution even after troubleshooting with combined tech support from GFI, Brooktrout(then Cantata, now Dialogic) and ShoreTel.

We have been having much better luck recently with MultiTech FaxFinder. The main problem there is the lack of integration features (no Active Directory) and detailed reporting, especially on larger scale installations.

Comment

Can you give me more details on this setup? What do you program on the shoretel side of things?

Originally posted by BLenarcik View Post
            Even though it's not supported by ShoreTel, you can use a T1 to integrate with a Fax Server.

Here's how: set up a Site Fax Extension that Call Forwards Always to an Off System Extension set up on T1 Trunk Group. Assign the Trunk Group to the SG-T1 connected (using a VOICE T1 crossover cable). When the fax call is detected, the system redirects it to the Fax Extension which then sends it to the OSE over the T1. Then the call is answered on the far end of the T1 line, the original destinationís digits are passed as DTMF.

Comment

Just installed my first Multitech faxfinder to Shoretel. It works well. Remember to extend DTMF timer out to 4000!

Comment

Working...
              X