Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Distance Carrier Code Issue

I just recently (last night) had a local vendor in Hong Kong install our new ShoreTel system, and to say the least the installers really had no clude what they were doing. Long story short is they are unable to configure our system to allow us to enter the long distance codes we need to use for long distance dialing. For example: to make a call to the US we dial 9 to grab a line then we would dial the Long Distance carrier code of either 007 or 0080 follow by the the number being dialed (1-760-518-7266). But when we do this we get a automated response from the long distance carrier stating that we are not registered with them for this service. We can reconnect our PRI back to our old Siemens system and it works fine but when connected to the ShoreTel system we get the autmated response. I am assuming the ShoreTel system isnt passing the needed indentification to the long distance carrier to identify us but I am not familar enough with phone systems to know for sure (I'm a usually just a network guy). Anyway, since the installer just walked out on us I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer on how to resolve the issue.

Rick

I have never dealt with an international system, so I am not sure about the settings, but for the most part, the settings would be under TRUNK | TRUNK GROUPS and then whatever your PRi was called. Try hitting help in the top right corner of this page, and it should explain the different settings.

Charles

Comment

I am Rick's colleague at Gerrity and have a bit of an update. Our settings options for the SIP trunk under 'Outbound' are different from what is displayed in the PDF Manual. Particularly, there is a box for 'Carrier Code' which is not described in the manual. See attached screenshot. I believe this may be the key to our issue. When we try putting in 007 and saving, we continue to get the Reorder tone. Actually, it doesn't matter what value is entered in the Carrier Code field, when we now dial 9 + 007 + x - xxx - xxx - xxxx we get a re-order tone.

Can anyone explain what value should be in this Carrier Code field given our Hong Kong location?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skolb View Post
        I am Rick's colleague at Gerrity and have a bit of an update. Our settings options for the SIP trunk under 'Outbound' are different from what is displayed in the PDF Manual. Particularly, there is a box for 'Carrier Code' which is not described in the manual. See attached screenshot. I believe this may be the key to our issue. When we try putting in 007 and saving, we continue to get the Reorder tone. Actually, it doesn't matter what value is entered in the Carrier Code field, when we now dial 9 + 007 + x - xxx - xxx - xxxx we get a re-order tone.

Can anyone explain what value should be in this Carrier Code field given our Hong Kong location?

Hi,

For the carrier code, this item determines the "IDD code" for the carrier and the shoretel system omits the first "0". Therefore, for 007, you would type 07 in the carrier code field.

For Singapore, I would type in either 01, or 019, or 08 (depending on the telco - 001, 019, 008, etc)

Comment

Working...
        X