Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Center Music on Hold

On previous versions of the Contact Center (i.e. 4.66), music on hold could only be configured using .wav files. Does anyone know if version 5 allows for use of a different music on hold source (i.e. XM radio, MP3 player, etc.)?

I don't think this has changed in Contact Center 5. What specifically would you like to be able to do? I am guessing you want designate an audio input device on the server as the source for your music. Yes?

Comment

Yes, a customer of mine would like to designate an audio input device on the server. Better yet, I would love to be able to use the music device that I have hooked into the ShoreTel switch. Using MOH from wav files on the Contact Center results very low quality sounding music.

Comment

I have seen this question a lot, but most of the contact centers I have worked with eventually come to the realization that they prefer to lock in a specific call flow and "sound". If you do the conversions right, with good source material, the audio should sound good.

Comment

The Contact Center wave file fidelity should be 8KHz mu-law which is identical to the ShoreGear switch based MoH fidelity.

Comment

Working...
          X