Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIP Trunk Extension Dialing

We have a number of SIP trunks configured for both IP8000 and polycoms but cannot dial their ext. If you try literally nothing happens. How do I get it working so I can dial ext to ext like any other phone?

THANKS

What version are you running? You connecting as sip device or using off system extensions.

Comment

Using 7.0 and sip device

Comment

Does ST 7 handle sip devices? Just create a trunk group with off system extension for your IP8000 phone. There is a ST doc that explains how to setup a 8000 on sip trunks.

Comment

7 does support sip, we have a couple that are working fine. Im fairly new here and was wondering why the others arent working the same way, I have everything configured the same. I do have the 8000 config pdf and have followed it but no dice as of yet

Comment

Does anyone else have any input on this?

Comment

Originally posted by skozy33 View Post
              Does anyone else have any input on this?
              If some are working and some aren't then your config is wrong. I would suspect your SIP username is not the devices extension number (that's on the IP8000 config screens). It could also be that the off system extensions are not configured correctly.

When you log onto the IP8000 does it say "Registered" on the SIP page?

Comment

I will check this tomorrow and let you know. Thanks! I am new to Shoretel and voip in general so appreciate the help!

Comment

It is registered. I also logged in to one of the working IP8000 we have and every setting is the same. I can't figure out why I can't dial ext to ext, doesnt seem like it should be that hard! I have not done anything with off system ext tho, what needs to be done with that? THANKS!

Comment

Check that, off system ext are set

Comment

Originally posted by skozy33 View Post
                      It is registered. I also logged in to one of the working IP8000 we have and every setting is the same. I can't figure out why I can't dial ext to ext, doesnt seem like it should be that hard! I have not done anything with off system ext tho, what needs to be done with that? THANKS!
                      When you say "every setting is the same", its SIP username should be different. The SIP Username should also be its extension number and the off system extension field (of the SIP trunk group servcing the IP8000) should have a range that includes that extension number.

Have you actually created a SIP trunk in the trunk group for these new devices? There should be one trunk per device in the trunk group.

If it is registered then it should be able to make calls, if that works then it is probably a ShoreTel side problem as opposed to the IP8000 setup.

Comment

The SIP usernames are unique. I meant all setting are the same that should be as far as the config goes. The off system ext is also the SIP username. I have created a SIP trunk for this device. I can make outgoing calls, I just cannot dial internally ext to ext. I also cannot transfer calls to it. If you try to dial the ext internally, nothing happens, just silence, the ext is displayed and timer is running just no ringing.

Comment

When you try to dial the SIP extension, can you see the call come up in the Trunk Test Tool?

Comment

I made some changes and it seems to be working now, I just dont remember exactly which change made it work!!!! Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                            X