Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to default the database without re-install???

I would like to clear the database on a lab system, it is 8.0. Is there a way to just execute a command to do so.

Thanks in advance guys!

In pre-8.0 days, the utility QuickInstall.exe (located in the ShoreWare Server) folder had an option to create a default ShoreWare.mdb file, but I am not sure if it functions the same way for the MySQL database.

Here's what I would do:
    1. Install the MySQL tools downloadable from the MySQL web site onto the HQ server.
    2. Stop all the ShoreTel services (including those on any DVS server). Stop the COM+ object once all ShoreTel services are stopped.
    3. Use the MySQL Administrator tool to login and rename the shoreware database.
    4. Re-install the ShoreWare Server software or use Add/Remove Programs to repair the install. Since the installer won't see the shoreware database, it will create a new templated database.
    5. Before rebooting, use MySQL Administrator to backup of the shoreware database (make sure you use the Complete Backup option under Advanced settings) to something like so you can restore it any time you need to start from scratch.

I haven't tried this, but it's possible to construct a batch file to automate restoring the backup of the original template database.

Comment

I have notices that during the install of 8.1 there appears to be a script which runs to create an empty database.
      Next time I am in front of a lab system I will keep an eye out for it and see if it hangs around after the installation.
      If I can find it I will see what happens when it is run on a database that has had some work already done to it.

Comment

You'll see some Shoretel documented and provided scripts for backing up and restoring in a near 8.1 release. We've been doing some testing with it.

Now if we can only get them to write a GUI for it...

Comment

The ShoreTel documentation had so many errors, I tossed it aside and spent a lot of time working on getting it right. That work was incorporated into a Windows Service that I wrote for backing up pre-7.0 ShoreTel systems.

It runs on any ShoreWare Server that performs backups for all the d:\Shoreline Data folders (except for the logs). It backs up the files to a network location using a rolling 7 day folder structure.

For the HQ server, it knows which release of ShoreTel it's running on and does the proper MySQL backup for the CDR database (7.x and above) and the ShoreWare database (8.x and above).

- Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BLenarcik View Post
            The ShoreTel documentation had so many errors, I tossed it aside and spent a lot of time working on getting it right. That work was incorporated into a Windows Service that I wrote for backing up pre-7.0 ShoreTel systems.

It runs on any ShoreWare Server that performs backups for all the d:\Shoreline Data folders (except for the logs). It backs up the files to a network location using a rolling 7 day folder structure.

For the HQ server, it knows which release of ShoreTel it's running on and does the proper MySQL backup for the CDR database (7.x and above) and the ShoreWare database (8.x and above).

- Bob
            So you want to share?

Comment

Guys, thanks for all the options, it is all great stuff. Ready for the GUI for sure. Bob, anytime you want to share that we would for sure say thank you! :-)

Comment

So in the ST 8/8.1 versions i don't actually see the database in the bd folder in the shoreline data folder, but they still tell you to backup the db folder, why?
                Where is the bd stored?

Comment

Working...
                X