Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CID / ANI Routing - route area codes to specific extension

Has anyone developed their own table or worked with anything that can route by area code to extensions? Thanks, Randy
    Randy Wensmann
    [email protected]
    (408) 385-3485
    www.btxchange.com

I had a similar request back when I was doing Legacy systems. A customer that manufactured radar and laser guns for police traffic work had different ones of their call-center agents that were familiar with the laws in certain areas so they wanted the calls to come into a particular agent based on area code. We had AT&T send the callers area code as the DNIS digits so that we could route the calls to the correct agent. I don't remember if AT&T charged anything additional for this or not. I'm not sure this will help you but it is something to consider.

Comment

I am sure professional servers could do something with that. They already have an app that redirects calls from certain numbers (like telemarketers or fax machines) straight to VM. Would be a modification of that, I'm sure.

Comment

ShoreTel has one already built. We used it combined with workgroups rather than buying the Contact Center software.

Comment

attaintech- Was this app built for your company or is it something we can get are hands on?

Comment

For $3600 they can do anything. (A $199 telephone system will do it for free!) I have used this app twice. It does well and is user configurable. Has issues with SIP trunks.

Comment

Working...
            X