Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIP trunk to a hunt group

We just installed SIP trunks in a shoretel SG8/40 w/7.5. We have DIDs on the trunks.When you point the incoming call to an extension,you get ringback tone and CID,everything is good.When you send it to the huntgroup it gives no ringback and the CID is garbled in the screen. Anybody had this issue. We are using an Ingate between the customer and carrier.

Originally posted by flyingdutchmanVa View Post
    We just installed SIP trunks in a shoretel SG8/40 w/7.5. We have DIDs on the trunks.When you point the incoming call to an extension,you get ringback tone and CID,everything is good.When you send it to the huntgroup it gives no ringback and the CID is garbled in the screen. Anybody had this issue. We are using an Ingate between the customer and carrier.
    Actually I believe this is a known issue, what build of ST 7.x are you on?
    I am sorry, I do not remember the work around, your going to need to contact TAC or possibly upgrade. The issue I believe is in the InGate, I had a simular issue with another customer and the trace showed the Call is being setup and sent incorrectly from the InGate.

I wish I could give you the example, but I had to leave this with ShoreTel when I left. Ngate admited the issue was in there code....

Comment

I upgraded the Ingate to 4.6.2 and I played with the ringback settings but still no luck. A call to and extension works fine.Any help.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingdutchmanVa View Post
        I upgraded the Ingate to 4.6.2 and I played with the ringback settings but still no luck. A call to and extension works fine.Any help.
        In the CID is the Display like ^%Ghgh7687*&*& or somethign of that nature?

Can you give me a sip trace form the InGate of a failed call. I can then Identify the point of origin, this will help you with InGate fix.

Comment

Did you ever find the issue

We are having this exact problem. It's two fold. Any call to a hunt group gets no ringback but the hunt group members ring. If I front it with the autoattendant and record a greeting, at least the caller says, "You've reached the office please wait while we transfer the call." Then transfers to the hunt group and silence.

Additionally we think this is related to a moh issue. As we assign SIP trunks to various sites but when we plug in the MOH source we hear silence.

We have shoretel 9.1 with the latest ingate firmware. Our sip provider is telling us they're not receiving a 180 or 183 sip message for ringback from shoretel or ingate and thus not providing ringback.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Comment

Are you using G711 codec?

Post your siparator compatibility options settings.

As far as I remember MOH is not supported on SIP trunks. Unless 9.1 enabled this.

Comment

Ok SIP trunk are supported in 9.1. However see the Installation guide on page 176.

Comment

Davebec, can you confirm this from experience as well? I just tested our 9.1 install with Bandwidth.com SIP trunks through our InGate and was unable to get MoH.

Note: Just tried this again with an IP phone and it worked. It seems that MoH from a SIP phone to a SIP trunk does not work, but any other combination does.
                Last edited by Palitto Consulting; 09-21-2009, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Hi:

When you make a call to a phone via SIP - it will work as the SIP provider is playing the ringback.

When you call an AA - you will hear ringback as the SIP provider is playing the ringback.

When you call a hunt group with a SIP DID - you will hear ringbackas SIP provider is playing the ringback.

When you call an AA - and select an option for a user - you will hear no ringback because the Shoretel phones do not support SDP via a 183 SIP message.

It does not work - and there is no fix that I am aware of currently. ShoreTel phones would have to support SDP with a 183 message and they don't.

Neil Darling
                  EtherSpeak

Comment

Yes I had to do some extensive SIP testing when we installed our first SIP client using an ingate siparator.
                    One of the issues is that because SIP is an open standard everyone does not do it the same way.

We had to change all of our devices to G711 or pcmu/8000
                    Get our ITSP to setup his side for G711.
                    Allow refer - (off by default) on most ITSPs because it looks like a spoof attempt. However Shoretel requires this because the switch does the initial SIP setup but has to "refer" the call to the actual device (which is the phone). Shoretel phones do not support SIP.

check your siparator compatibility options for the refer setting. Make sure it is on "allow right through".

Lastly make sure the ingate software is upto date. The latest on our model is 4.7.1. Ingate has included some fixes that specifically addresses Shoretel issues.

If you upgrade to 8.1 or 9. There will be an additional issue. Moving from 7.5 to 8.1 Shoretel made the refer time shorter. Shorter than our ITSP can respond to it. As a result the ingate sends a 491 message to shoretel and drops any calls to huntgroups before they are setup.
                    Last edited by davidbec; 10-09-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Perhaps you would try EtherSpeak?

SureTrunk by EtherSpeak

It works nicely and requires not Ingate NO!

ND

Comment

Working...
                      X