Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did that happen?

Have a customer that is on 6.1 (60/12) and last week line 3 started calling line 4 - after hours and locking the trucks up until the switch is rebooted.

No calls came in that a "dial 1" was performed. In fact no calls came in according to the log.

Only change to system was adding an analog phone a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone else run into this?

Hi Vance
    I have seen this before, but it was due to the analogs being punched down incorrectly and or the cabling is cross connected somehow.

In the Trunk Test Tool are you seeing the trunks go on hook off hook then OOS?

I would be shocked if the SG port was going out, I have seen a lot of funny stuff with analogs. One thine is are these Centrex Lines?

If you placed a but set on the DMARK do you get stutter dial tone( AKA MWI)

Are there any provisioned features (Aka Call forwarding, make trunk busy) on the POTS Lines?
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Have a customer that is on 6.1 (60/12) and last week line 3 started calling line 4 - after hours and locking the trucks up until the switch is rebooted.

No calls came in that a "dial 1" was performed. In fact no calls came in according to the log.

Only change to system was adding an analog phone a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone else run into this?

Comment

Close!

John- Your ideas made us think. Turns out it was a two line analog phone with a four conductor base cord. Changed the base cord to one pair and the problem went away.

To add to the mix it was going through a 258 adapter ( 25 pair.) This is still puzzling because the analog station was on port 12 - so there was no where for the second pair to get to the ST. Amazing ain't it?

Comment

Glad I could have at least gave you some ideas. The art of troubleshooting is looking at things from the view of the entire picture. It is easy to get tunnle vision when something as strange as this is haunting you. Great place this forum to ping your issues and have a 2nd set of eyes see things.

I have seen the same thing, yet the used the 2nd pair of the rj11 and could never figure out why they got no Dial Tone on the SG
        Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        John- Your ideas made us think. Turns out it was a two line analog phone with a four conductor base cord. Changed the base cord to one pair and the problem went away.

To add to the mix it was going through a 258 adapter ( 25 pair.) This is still puzzling because the analog station was on port 12 - so there was no where for the second pair to get to the ST. Amazing ain't it?

Comment

Working...
        X