Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascom

I understand that there is some promise of using ASCOM wireless in the future as SIP devices. For now has any one used these wireless hand held phones.

Working with a medical practice and they are really wanting the ASCOM devices.

Any comments appreciated.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I understand that there is some promise of using ASCOM wireless in the future as SIP devices. For now has any one used these wireless hand held phones.

Working with a medical practice and they are really wanting the ASCOM devices.

Any comments appreciated.
    Hey Vance
    Depending on the version of ST i.e. 8.x you should be able to establish it as a internal end point now. Below 8, aka 7.x and below, it is treated like the Hitachi WiFi Off Site Extension.

It may work both ways but SIP extension capability is way more advanced in shoretel 8.x

If you need it, I would send an email to [email protected] explain the why, what, when if and so on and oyu should get it. I would suspect with some tweaking around it would not be an issue to get running. You may want to take a close look at Vocera Vocera Communications as well, Very Cool Technology

Comment

Seeing as how Ascom has a booth at the partners conference in Vegas, that is a very good sign. I believe the are certified on 8.1.

Pretty cool setup, I had never heard of them before.

Charles

Comment

Ascom insight

Hi folks, new to the forum here so be gentle! I am the VP of Sales for Ascom and would be glad to assist routing or answering questions for you. With the recent situation in the Hitachi space, we are seeing more and more demand for our products. These include SIP-enabled VoWiFi handsets as well as an IP-DECT SIP-enabled solution that has proprietary/secure RF for locations not desiring 802.11. We also have the only Intrinsically Safe handset in North America.
        Feel free to contact me if you have questions.
        Best regards,
        /allen

Comment

Working...
        X