X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janderegg
    • Jul 2008

Hard Coded Phones

My customer hard coded their IP phones originally. They have since grown and now want to switch over to DHCP. Is there any way to clear the settings in the phones so they get IP from DHCP servers without having to touch every phone at every site? I have a bad feeling I already know the answer, but you never know unless you ask.
  • Jlorenz
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by janderegg View Post
    My customer hard coded their IP phones originally. They have since grown and now want to switch over to DHCP. Is there any way to clear the settings in the phones so they get IP from DHCP servers without having to touch every phone at every site? I have a bad feeling I already know the answer, but you never know unless you ask.
    Luke
    trust your feelings Luke

Your thoughts and fears are answered, there is no global reset command you can use, However this would be a very nice but dangerous command for ShoreTel to do.

a creative script writer may be able to do this by parsing a txt file filed with the known IPs of the phones. The Script would need to turn on telnet & then telnet into each phone and get into console mode to reset and clear. But I will have to advise you at this time to Contact ShoreTel TAC or Professional services for this information or your Partner
    Last edited by Jlorenz; 07-01-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• janderegg
      • Jul 2008

IP On Phones

Thanks, John. I had a feeling life was not good when the customer started down this path. I agree with your observation about possibly making this an enhancement. It would be ideal to be able to select a group of IP phones (say, by site, IP range, switch assigned to,...) and flush their configurations. Definitely save on travel to not have to manually do each of the phones.

Comment

Working...
      X