Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area code prefix code conflict

I have a 7.5 install with 2 sites. One site is in DC where area code 301 is local it is in my local prefix list for that PRI trunk and local codes for the site. The other site (Headquarters)has it's own PRI and a local prefix code of 301-xxxx. When a Headquarters user dials a 301-xxxx # it sits and waits for 3 more digits to dial out the DC trunk If I dial the area code then 301-xxxx it's all good. I've never run into this before any body have a suggestion?

Thanks
    Last edited by dkee; 06-19-2008, 10:55 PM.

Originally posted by dkee View Post
    I have a 7.5 install with 2 sites. One site is in DC where area code 301 is local it is in my local prefix list for that PRI trunk and local codes for the site. The other site (Headquarters)has it's own PRI and a local prefix code of 301-xxxx. When a Headquarters user dials a 310-xxxx # it sits and waits for 3 more digits to dial out the DC trunk If I dial the area code then 301-xxxx it's all good. I've never run into this before any body have a suggestion?

Thanks
    NOt sure if you have a typo or not, you said a local Area code of 301 and when a user dials 310

Is this correct or a Typo are you meaning to say you have two sites with the same Area Code?

I will wait for answer to help with the rest

Dial Plan local and prefix lists are tricky and not so tricky. Let me know the clarification and I will assist as best I can

Comment

DC has 301 area code Headquarters has 901 area code with 301 prefix (901) 301-xxxx When headquarters user dial the local number 7 digits 301-xxxx then I have a problem.

Thanks
      Last edited by dkee; 06-19-2008, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Ok that makes sense now, and you did say each site has its own PRI / Trunk group? is that correct?

Two things I would make sure and check

In your site(s) make sure you have the proper Area Code Listed
        Example
        HQ = 901
        DC = 301

In your trunk Group, make sure the same area codes are in place for each respected PRI. Along with any of the local area codes.

The tricky part is the Prefix list, Have you a prefix list established?
        If so what happens if you remove the Prefix list form the HQ trnk Grp. Go through your Prefix list with a fine tooth comb.

One last Item, Least cost routing is more then likely kicking in and waiting for the numbers to process. You may need to uncheck Proxy to parent.

Comment

I figured it was a least cost routing problem. I was hoping somebody new some voodoo to make this work with LCR enabled. I am working 2 other installs currently but when I get caught up I'll open a case with TAC and see what they say. I'll let everyone know what I come up with.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dkee View Post
            I figured it was a least cost routing problem. I was hoping somebody new some voodoo to make this work with LCR enabled. I am working 2 other installs currently but when I get caught up I'll open a case with TAC and see what they say. I'll let everyone know what I come up with.

Thanks
            If TAC cannot help you, I am willng to take a look at whay you have. As a gesture of Good Faith, I will offer my service on this issue for Free (1 Hour). You call

Comment

You can explicitly tell ShoreTel that you are finished dialling by hitting # after the last digit or pressing the DIAL softkey on the handset. You can also set how long the phone waits before it decides you are done dialling under IP Phones -> Options. Don't make the delay after collecting digits too short or it will make it hard for people who are trying to dial a DC number.

Comment

Originally posted by jlear View Post
                You can explicitly tell ShoreTel that you are finished dialling by hitting # after the last digit or pressing the DIAL softkey on the handset. You can also set how long the phone waits before it decides you are done dialling under IP Phones -> Options. Don't make the delay after collecting digits too short or it will make it hard for people who are trying to dial a DC number.
                True, that will help in some instances, the issue here is the HQ site is dialing a 301-xxxx Local number to its 901 area code

Now the remote site has a 301 area code ie 301-xxx-xxxx

SO when a use on HQ (aka 901 area code) dials a local prefix to 901 (in this case 301-xxxx) it stalls and reorder.

Two things, either a custom dial strin needs to be introduced
                or
                There is something not setup correctly in the default Sites and area codes

I have a question
                you said your using prefix lists, thats a must, make sure that only 901 -301 are in the right list and what do you mean by you also have it in the code list for sites?
                Last edited by Jlorenz; 06-24-2008, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X