No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a Batch File to Reboot a SG Switch

Create a Batch File to Reboot a SG Switch

Here is how to create a simple batch file that will allow you to reboot a ShoreGear Switch with 1 click. Its a very easy way to refresh equipment on a schedule or as needed

Things you will need to build this script:
    • Notepad" This is located C:\windows\system32\notepad.exe
    • The location of your "ipbxctl" file. The default location for this file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server/ipbxctl
    • The local "IP of the Switch" you wish to reboot. In my example it will be 192.168.1.88

Lets start by opening notepad. We will enter the location of your ipbxctl file and then the command needed to execute the switch reboot.

Line 1= the ipbxctl location on the server
    Line 2= the ipbxctl command and local ip to run the command on
    Eample: cd\
    notepad code.JPG

Now that we have our simple commands in our notepad file we must now save it. You will have to change the "Save asType" to "All files"

Then be sure to choose a name that ends with a .bat. In my example I named the file "Switch 192.168.1.88 Reboot.bat"

all file type.JPG

bat file name.JPG

We now have a working bat file that you can double click to can reboot your switch

To test this you can run a constant ping and run the bat file to see if the switch drops.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lance; 07-26-2019, 10:24 AM.
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Just a note, by the time you get to 13.1 ipbxctl (along with things like burnflash and quickinstall) are registered in the system path automatically and do not need you to navigate to the Shoreware Server folder anymore. I cant recall now exactly what build brought that, but most systems should be beyond that requirement now.

Comment

Working...
    X