Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music on Hold from a co-location

I have a setup where my SIP trunks, T1 switches and Shore server are located in a co-location. I have three offices, LA, Mumbai and Goa. The issue is Music on Hold for my operators receiving calls in LA. How do I setup a music source that will allow inbound callers to get music while on hold? I have issues when callers are put on hold and hang up thinking they got disconnected. DO T1 switches have the capability to allow Music on Hold or do I need to introduce another user switch? Any help will be greatly appreciated....

SG T1 has no ability to have MoH. You need to have a 40/8, 60/12, etc to do this, but it needs to be at the same "Shoretel Site" as the T1.

Comment

Thanks for the response, any way of having the on hold in the LA office have MOH without having another switch at the T1 site?

Comment

If you could get a screenshot of your "Quicklook", we would have a better idea of how your configured.

Comment

Here you go:

Comment

CDR LB (LA I assume), is a child object, therefore in the current configuration, the only solution to have MoH @ COLO would be to add a switch there, possibly a 40/8.

The only other thing I can think of would be to add CDR LB to the COLO site, making them one. Then you could add MoH at the CDR LB location and it would play to the T1. This would mean streaming audio over the WAN though.

Not sure if this helps,
            Charles

Comment

Thank you very much Charles, your input has been very helpful.

Comment

I have tested mine and I found that the MOH switch has to be in the same site as the PRI / T1 switch that the trunks are being pulled from. Your MOH can span multiple sites as long as the trunks are all being pulled from the same location. I just added another T1 and another PRI at a different location within our system When getting a trunk from that T1 the MOH is no longer available. If I put that T1 Switch in the same site, it works.

Comment

Working...
                X