Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrate to Google voice

Hello everyone and I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

My organization is looking to move away from our ancient shoretel system and into google voice.

I was wondering what it would take for us to be able to port all our numbers to it? I believe we pay for a single line and our shoretel system breaks it up into DID numbers? I am not sure how it all works, but I suppose if going to google voice, would it even be possible to port them over? Thank you for your help and time.

So depending on the type of your circuit (POTs lines / aka copper, PRI, SIP...) the process has some subtle differences, but for the most part it really just amounts to needing to document all the numbers you care about, put in a port request with google voice, and they will handle the rest.

Comment

I would research more before you do drastic changes. Ancient or not the ShoreTel system as a whole is pretty rock solid and has more features that 90% of existing customers don't even know are useful until it is gone.
      Last edited by Lance; 06-22-2020, 08:48 AM.
      Lance Paddock
      BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
      1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Google Voice is not intended for Business use. It's not even a PBX and you can only have 1 Google voice number per gmail address.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaikalis View Post
          Google Voice is not intended for Business use. It's not even a PBX and you can only have 1 Google voice number per gmail address.
          They actually have a business offering (roughly comparable to a ring central or the like) https://cloud.google.com/voice?utm_s...iAAEgIw6vD_BwE but I would caution anyone considering going to it to make sure you ask questions about any analog devices you may have (door bells, overhead paging, fax machines) as I do not see a way for those to work in the marketing I am reading, and you will also want to make sure your specific call flows are supported by their offered features.

Comment

Working...
          X