Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softphone issues - outgoing calls disabled, incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Good morning.
    Two of our Softphone users are experiencing issues in which they're not able to make calls and all inbound calls go straight to their voicemail. We are relatively new Softphone user org (since the pandemic) and we've had no issues at all except for some audio quality but that's more of the user's home internet. The one thing we've noticed is that for this particular users, we are not able to apply the new update. For some reason, it will queue the download bar, and shortel closes.
    I am a Shortel noob and have no clue how to fix this issue. All of their settings seem fine and it's a very isolated case ,2 out of 14 Softphone users.

You can just copy over the client install .exe and install it locally like that. Maybe that is the problem, that they need to be updated?
    We'll need some more details as far as what they see in the client (little red X or any errors?)

Comment

I've been using the Update option is the Shoretel menu, where can I donwload the latest shortel msi or exe file? I dont think there are any errors or red X on their communicator. Is there a way on shortel to check on the logs or events? I'm afraid my lack of knowledge on Shortel and the information conveyed to me by our user is not giving us enough information to properly troubleshoot this. Everything was working fine one day, and all of the sudden users are not able to make phone calls, and their incoming calls are going straight to their voicemail when Softphone is enabled.

Comment

Depending on how far behind the update is you would be better off uninstalling and reinstalling.

PRE CONNECT:
        http://shoretel ip here/shorewaredirector/clientinstall

CONNECT:
        http://shoretel ip here/ShoreWareResources/MicrosoftPlugInInstall/default.htm
        http://shoretel ip here/ShoreWareResources/ClientInstall/MitelConnect.exe
        Last edited by Lance; 05-20-2020, 09:24 AM.
        Lance Paddock
        BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
        1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Does the update option in D&M actually work for the client?

Comment

I wouldn't depend on what is shown in the D&M. Its good for basic awareness but can be a false indicator of things in the environment.
            Lance Paddock
            BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
            1(800) 289-0299

Comment

I uninstalled Shoretel communicator and was able to update to 14.2 build 19.50.1000. I did some additional testing on the local pc and made sure the primary mode and softphone mode are working as intended. I'm starting to think the it's a firewall/network issue now because I was able to make and receive calls in softphone mode in the local pc, but when I had the remote user connect to their work pc, incoming phone calls go to voicemail and cannot dial out or make phone calls. It's perplexing because it is isolated to only 2 users.

Comment

Yup, I agree. looks like the Shoretel server cannot connect to their remote PC in order to send the call.

Comment

Working...
                X