Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inbound Caller ID Issues

As I am having issues opening cases with Mitel at the moment after their change last week... I'll try here in the meantime.

I have a customer who sometimes sees only the main number (BTN) of whatever company is calling them, rather than the actual caller ID of the caller.

For some reason, the Mitel Connect system is using the P-asserted-Identity as the caller ID rather than the FROM in the Invite.

The problem is that for some providers, you have to use your main number (BTN) as your PAI for authentication when calling out (In this case in Germany, Deutsche Telekom and Versatel, at least, are doing this). So for customers of this customer who have other providers, caller ID looks correct. When a company with one of those providers listed above calls, they only see the main number.

I tried adding a string in the Ingate to take the from and use it as the PAI when sending the call to Mitel, but that didn't make any difference.

For one thing, why in the world would Mitel use the PAI instead of the From for Caller ID?
    And does anybody have any idea how I can fix this? Either in Shoretel or in the SIParator (I consider this to be broken on the Shoretel side).

Here is an example, if it helps:

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.20.20.31:5060;branch=z9hG4bKa69b7e9a26e7388cc 4585432907a1d34.0
    Session-Expires: 3600
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.20.20.31:5060;branch=z9hG4bK7307cb1366790e6cf b9d8d3c61458d5d.Y5e4DTsawJgYxof1fXKBdw__
    To: <sip:[email protected]>
    Call-ID: [email protected]
    CSeq: 1 INVITE
    User-Agent: SIParator/6.1.2
    Supported: timer, replaces, path, histinfo
    Allow: ACK, CANCEL, BYE, INFO, INVITE, NOTIFY, OPTIONS, PRACK, REFER, UPDATE
    Max-Forwards: 50
    Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 13:35:55 GMT
    P-Early-Media: supported
    P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:[email protected];user=phone>
    Content-Type: application/sdp
    Content-Length: 174
    Record-Route: <sip:[email protected];l r>

IP Addresses and Phone numbers were modified for security reasons.

Comment

I agree that this is not how Mitel should be doing this, but in the interest of getting it working I have to say that Ingate's support is absolutely stellar and I am fairly certain they will find it trivial to help you swap the FROM to the PAsserted Identity field to work around this. (And do so professionally and in short order as well)

Comment

I agree 100%!
        I just figured I'd check here before getting InGate to help me with a workaround. But at this point, I think that is what I'll do. I can always get Mitel to help me afterwards.

Comment

Working...
        X