Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiP trunks in Connect

Do you still have to have a INGATE to do SiP trunks?

That depends on your trunk provider and how they handle the local connection to you on the ground.
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

we are a CLEC and use MetaSwitch.. I have a couple of customers still on 14.2 with an INGATE.. just didn't know if in Connect it was still needed. I have gotten some mixed singnals on it.

Comment

Theoretically from 13.X (I don't remember for sure which version exactly now) you could do native SIP trunks to a carrier. The big issue has always been compatibility. The ShoreTel is relatively chatty from a SIP perspective, which combined with the fact that SIP is still an RFC and not a solid specification means that there are numerous odd issues that can crop up. As a ShoreTel / Mitel partner we no longer support SIP trunks without an Ingate simply because they are so good at normalizing the traffic and making things work like they should regardless of the oddities of the PBX / Carrier switch mix in a particular case. So the quick answer is they do not need it, but in most cases we have ended up wanting it in the end to keep everything working as desired so we just start there now.

Comment

I had a siperator, the issue was getting the dial tones to pass through when they customer made a selection in our auto attendant menu.

I ended up having our sip provider hand off as a PRI, and picked up a used PRI switch on eBay for 100

Comment

Originally posted by METRO25 View Post
            I had a siperator, the issue was getting the dial tones to pass through when they customer made a selection in our auto attendant menu.

I ended up having our sip provider hand off as a PRI, and picked up a used PRI switch on eBay for 100
            I would be curious to know what carrier you were using as this kind of thing is usually just a payload type mis-match and relatively easy to fix. (Not that it matters now, i'm just curious)

Comment

Originally posted by METRO25 View Post

FYI a simple call to ingate would have probably solved that issue in a few minutes. When i was doing Shoretel deployments their support was great. Like blanning said, that is usually a DTMF payload miscofig.

Comment

Working...
              X