No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone time is off by 10 days and 11 hours

Good morning,

Our phones were off by about four minutes so I looked on this forum to see what I needed to do to fix that. Per a post I read here I added ShoreTel Option 4 to my DHCP server and pointed it to my Domain time server. After power-cycling the phone I'm now off by quite a bit more than the original four minutes. I removed the Option 4 but after power-cycling the phone I'm still looking at the horrendously wrong time. I should probably say too that my ShoreTel server has the correct time on it and all of my computers and servers have the correct time on them. How can I correct this issue?

I now have a different perspective on the phrase "Leave well enough alone."

Joe B

I would enable time on your local ShoreTel and manually point a phone to it without DHCP. if it still does not pick up the correct time you have more going on somewhere in the network. Also, when you make the change on a phone it may require you to place a call before the screen updates on the phone....sometimes it takes a while for everything to broadcast correctly.
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

For anyone who needs help to turn a windows machine into a time server "How to turn your ShoreTel into a Time Server"
      Lance Paddock
      1(800) 289-0299

Comment

I'm going to hold off on turning the ShoreTel server into a time server; I don't want it to interfere with my domain computers/servers/other.

Thanks,

Joe B

Comment

It won't have any impact on your domain. All OEM Mitel servers already have time enabled on them.
          Lance Paddock
          1(800) 289-0299

Comment

This ShoreTel server is a VM that I built.

Joe B

Comment

It might be worth mentioning I have had VM hosts produce the wrong time to guest environments due to CMOS clocks being off in the bios.
              Lance Paddock
              1(800) 289-0299

Comment

FOUND IT!

When our ShoreTel system was originally installed the installer added a server IP to two of the custom text files that get downloaded to a phone when it boots up. That server is no longer active and that's where our problem was. Per our support vendor we are including Option 4 in our DHCP scope configs and removed the server address from the files. We're golden now.

One of the files was sevcustom.txt and the other was, I believe, s6custom.txt. I hope this helps anyone in the same situation we were in.

Thanks,

Joe B

Comment

Working...
                X