Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automating Mitel Connect Login

I'm trying to figure out a way to automate login to the Mitel connect client on shared computers for my users. It was easy with the old Shoretel Communicator via the registry. It doesn't appear so easy since our Connect upgrade a year ago. Anyone using AutoHotKey, or another scripting program to script this? Each computer will have multiple users who share the same extension. They are crabby when they have to log in to the client with the generic credentials provided to them.
    Last edited by glamontagne; 01-06-2020, 09:58 AM.

are they domain users?

Comment

Hey glamontagne we do this with a VBS script that runs on user login. Here is what we use:

Code:
      Option Explicit
      On Error Resume Next ' Suppress errors

Dim WshShell
      Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

' Check to see if the Mitel Connect client has already been installed
      Dim strMitelRegKey, strMitelVer

strMitelRegKey = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft \Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{D33F238B-3C35-4E87-87C0-A8FA302AC36D}\DisplayVersion"
      strMitelVer = WshShell.RegRead(strMitelRegKey)

' Populate the registry as much as we can for the Mitel Connect client
      If strMitelVer = "213.100.3284.0" Then

Dim strClientRegKey
      strClientRegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ShoreTel\Client\"

' Add Server
      WshShell.RegWrite strClientRegKey & "ServerName", "<SERVERNAME>", "REG_SZ"

' Check "Remember Me" box
      WshShell.RegWrite strClientRegKey & "AutoLogin", 1, "REG_DWORD"

' Check "Use Windows Credentials" box
      WshShell.RegWrite strClientRegKey & "IsSSO", 1, "REG_DWORD"

Dim strStartupRegKey
      strStartupRegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"

' Start client on login
      WshShell.RegWrite strStartupRegKey & "Mitel", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\Connect\Mitel.exe", "REG_SZ"

End If

Note that this is for our version of Mitel.. AND that you'll need to replace <SERVERNAME> with the DNS name of your mitel server. Or you could use the IP address I believe.

Basically, what you want to accomplish is all registry entries. The script merely provides a way to only set the registry entries based on conditionals.

Also PS: This is for use on domain joined computers... otherwise the IsSSO option won't work.

Comment

Working...
      X