Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caller ID based Routing/Call Router

We have the ShoreTel call router installed and it does a good job with caller ID based routing.

What I am looking to do is to see if this is possible. The first time someone calls in, I want the call routed to our auto attendant menu.

After the first call, I want it so if the person calls back the number is always routed to an alternate auto attendant menu.

As an example we have a phone number for new customers and tech support. Customers will call in for tech support, they get tired of waiting on hold so will call back saying they are a new customer (where we answer immediately) and will try to get support that way.

it just clogs up our sales line having yo transfer people, where if I could black list the number after the first call it would save my agents a lot of time.

might be custom programming.

So you want to have your repeat customers go into a holding queue while you try to grab new customers.... who become repeat customers and also go to the hold queue. I don't think this is a very wise business decision. It's a lot easier to keep a repeat customer than it is to gain a new one. I would suggest finding another way of handling your tech support load.

Comment

I run a call center for a cable Tv and internet provider.

the issue is that once they press 2 and say there are an existing customer, we play a recording that says to hang up and call another number.

People are impatient, and will call back and press 1 for sales.

it clogs up our sales floor repeating the number for customer service.

it’s easier if we could black list the number after they pressed 2 the first time and play the recording and not give the option for new sales.

Comment

It may take some additional configurations but.... If you send the DID to a regular user with Connect Client installed (Doesn't have to be a real person).

Once a sale is closed fro a customer you edit the Power routing rule and add that customer's number to the rule that says route call to Tech Support. Other numbers follow the path to Sales or auto attendant.

Yeah.. its very manual but it would work. You just have to add each customer to the rule as the sale is closed.

Comment

I do not think there is a way to automate this with off the shelf software at the moment, but there are several options for doing this with manual configurations after each caller is identified (similar to davidbec's suggestion). Automating this would require some custom software work, palitto consulting could give you a price for doing this I am sure.

Comment

Too many calls to do this manually. I have seen my competition do it.

Comment

Working...
            X