Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling server IP from ShoreGear T1

How to change Controlling Server IP from ShoreGear T1? I access ShoreGear T1 through ipbxctl. From option 2, I can view system configuration and saw Server IP and Controlling Server IP. How am I going to change IP for Server IP and Controlling Server IP which I only saw Change Server IP Address in option 3? Thank you.

That is the only one you need to change, you can test it and put it right back if you are unsure.
    Randy Wensmann
    [email protected]
    (408) 385-3485
    www.btxchange.com

Comment

I will make the change for Change Server IP in option 3 and see the new IP is going replace in Change Server IP and Controlling Server IP before I can commit the change. Thank you.

Comment

You can only change the Server IP. The Controlling server IP should be the same as the Server IP, however there are situations in which this will not be the case and it is an intentional feature. If a site has an HQ Server and a DVS server. The switch can be assigned to either of them, however should that server become unavailable the switch will migrate to the next available server which then becomes the Controlling Server.

Comment

You can change it, via the console. But isn't it just reverting to whatever you have defined as the managing server for that switch in Director?
          Also, while a switch will fail over to another server if it's server is not available... I believe it will only fail up, i.e. from a DVS to HQ, not down from the HQ to a DVS.

Comment

That is correct the switches "fail up" from DVS to HQ. The point remains that the controlling server IP will change based on the switch's own determination that it needs to reconnect to another server. Therefore is is not fixed forever as a specific value.

Comment

Working...
            X