Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel Director access (no url)

Please help. I copied shoretel server VM (10.4.2.xx) from Brand to HQ. Plan to re-ip the the copy at HQ to other IP: 10.23.1.xx. Plan to login to Shoretel Director from copy to re-ip while it is off network due to the one from Brand is still online. I can not access to Shoretel Director from url. Is there any other way to access beside url? I would like to make sure all the changes are done from copy before I can offline the one at Brand then put the one at HQ online. Thank you.

Not quite sure what you mean with this. Are you moving from a phyical to virtual environment & trying to change the IP?

Comment

I had shoretel vm (shoretel director) at brand (datacenter at Houston) where it hosted all the phones in the offices (downtown Houston). Due to datacenter is going to close, I need to move it to datacenter HQ at Los Angeles so it can continue to host all the phone from offices at downtown Houston.

I already copy shoretel server vm to Los Angeles. Due to shoretel server at Hoouston datacenter is still online, I would like not to put the one from Los Angeles online. I need to access to Shoretel Director application (the one from LA) so I can change IP (this IP is the same as one one from Houston). I got error when access through url. Is there anyway to access beside url?

Comment

The URL is tied to the database and to the windows registry. It is possible to modify those settings independently but its safer to do it without having to edit the database. Just curious, If these are VM instances why are you not powering up your system with the correct ip before making it live. Your VM host environment shouldn't care what ip you have if you create more than 1 network adapter. Do yourself a favor and make a sandbox network so you can run back to back system without having them see each other. Also, If this is a V2V or a P2V instance you may also have a system copy that could be corrupt. Not saying that it is the case but I have seen more bad copies than good copies in Vm environments.
        Lance Paddock
        BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
        1(800) 289-0299

Comment

I can power up my VM copy and change IP for VM but would like not to enable vmnic due to Shoretel Director from copy is still see live IP at Houston. I would like to access to Shoretel Director without enable vmnic so I can change IP in Shoretel Director before I am going to put it online.

Comment

As I was saying its safer and easier to just create a sand boxed or false nic in your host for your guest but that's your own choice. If you edit the database you have to make sure all shoretel services are running and you will need to make the registry matches your newly appointed ip.
            • Edit mysql db value
            • Edit all the registry values
            • Enable the nic and its connection
            • Reboot
            • Then confirm all services including remote tapi service in the phones and modems field take the change correctly and if this is on Connect you will likely need to recreate your certificates.

Last edited by Lance; 10-08-2019, 09:44 AM.
            Lance Paddock
            1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Thank you for detail information. I am going to set false nic and going from there.

Comment

For that method
                • change the ip in director
                • edit the ip in the windows registry HKLM>SOFTWARE>WOW6432Node>Shoreline Teleworks: Edit the 3 fields you see with the server ip in them. HQServerAddress, LocalDBserverAddress and ServiceIPAddress
                • reboot
                • Then confirm all services including remote tapi service in the phones and modems field took the change correctly
                Lance Paddock
                1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Working...
                X