Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Major WorkGroup issus

    Last Friday, all of our work group's stopped working entirely. Auto-Attendant will not ring the work group when someone calls. For example, the user calls our phone and gets the prompt "... To reach our customer service department press 4."Pressing 4 transfers the call, but none of the work group agent's phones are ringing. The incoming call rings and eventually forwards the work group managers voicemail box. All of the agents are logged in to the work group, no schedule is set, and no escalation profiles are created.

    The only thing that has been changed were two users being added to the work group. This was two weeks ago. They worked after adding these two users, recently it stopped working.


    Thing's I've tried to correct the issue:
    • Rebooting the server
    • Rebooting all phones
    • Turned a schedule on for the work group and turned it off.
    I am able to provide more information if needed. Thank you.

    In the addition to this, we have a user in the Work Group who keeps getting the same Voicemail Redelivered to them after deleting it. I have no idea if this is related or not
    Last edited by Vault108; 09-09-2019, 01:23 PM. Reason: Grammar is hard

  • #2
    Try using the trunk test tool to track the call as it moves through the system. Just to confirm whether it went to the workgroup or not. In the Workgroup setup scroll down until you see "Current Call Handling mode" or "Current schedule" and let us know what it says there.
    Last edited by davidbec; 09-10-2019, 05:14 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by davidbec View Post
      Try using the trunk test tool to track the call as it moves through the system. Just to confirm whether it went to the workgroup or not. In the Workgroup setup scroll down until you see "Current Call Handling mode" or "Current schedule" and let us know what it says there.
      David,
      I am completely new to the shoretel system, but do have some VOIP experience. For the life of me i cant get the call to show in trunk tool.

      as for what you requested see the capture bellow:
      VTJ5bRM[1].png

      In addition to this we have two phones, that will not display the correct date/time even though the sntp server is set to the correct one.
      I have no idea if this is related to the workgroup issue or not.
      Last edited by Lance; 09-10-2019, 12:11 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        When you start the trunk test tool. You choose the site, then choose the switch that has the trunks enabled on it that the call is coming in on. Then you should see the list of trunks with the active calls. When you call in you should see you call appear. When you click on it you would see the information below describing what is happening.

        Is saw the screen shot that it is in the routing. I meant under the general tab at the very bottom.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by davidbec View Post
          When you start the trunk test tool. You choose the site, then choose the switch that has the trunks enabled on it that the call is coming in on. Then you should see the list of trunks with the active calls. When you call in you should see you call appear. When you click on it you would see the information below describing what is happening.

          Is saw the screen shot that it is in the routing. I meant under the general tab at the very bottom.


          i will give the trunk a try again in a few. Working on this time issue people are freaking out about that.
          Last edited by Lance; 09-10-2019, 04:00 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by davidbec View Post
            Try using the trunk test tool to track the call as it moves through the system. Just to confirm whether it went to the workgroup or not. In the Workgroup setup scroll down until you see "Current Call Handling mode" or "Current schedule" and let us know what it says there.
            Code:
            10:29:18.435:  Call State   Idle --> Proceeding
            10:29:18.513:  Call State   Proceeding --> Connected
            10:29:18.513:  Inside-ID    Unknown --> 104 (Auto-Attendant)
            10:29:18.513:  Outside-ID   Unknown --> +1XXXXXXXXXX
            10:29:18.666:  Hook         On Hook --> OFF Hook
            10:29:18.689:  Port         Ringing --> Answering
            10:29:18.722:  Port         Answering --> Established
            10:29:30.100:  Call State   Connected --> Connected (Held)
            10:29:30.320:  Inside-ID    104 (Auto-Attendant) --> Unknown
            10:29:30.320:  Outside-ID   +1XXXXXXXXXX--> Unknown
            10:29:30.411:  Call State   Connected (Held) --> Connected
            10:29:30.411:  Inside-ID    Unknown --> 710 (Customer Service)
            10:29:30.411:  Outside-ID   Unknown --> +1XXXXXXXXXX
            10:29:42.079:  Port         Established --> Releasing
            10:29:42.102:  Hook         OFF Hook --> On Hook
            10:29:42.148:  Port         Releasing --> Idle
            10:29:42.174:  Call State   Connected --> Idle
            The call does look like its transferred to the work group, but it still wont ring.

            Comment


            • #7
              Are you sure your users are actually logged into the workgroup? Do they have work group agent licenses or are they just regular users that are apart of the work group? Check the members tab and verify all users are logged in.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bhaikalis View Post
                Are you sure your users are actually logged into the workgroup? Do they have work group agent licenses or are they just regular users that are apart of the work group? Check the members tab and verify all users are logged in.
                Everyone is logged in, to the work group. It worked up until last Friday (09-06-2019)
                I believe they are all regular users in the work group, I did some more digging yesterday. Turns out its ALL the Work groups that wont get the call transferred from Auto Attendant. I even created one to test and added two people, logged them in and it did not work.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi Vault108. I noticed that your call is being answered by the default auto attendant (104) and not a configured auto attendant. Is that the way it was designed? What I mean is that 104 is the Shoretel created, default auto attendant when there is nothing configured or there is some issue preventing a call from reaching the destination extension. Your incoming call goes directly there and I am wondering whether someone replaced the the default with the attendant you configured?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Can you go into services on the server and look for the Shoretel Services.
                    • Click Start.
                    • Type "Services.msc" in the Search box.
                    • Press the Enter.

                    Look for the Shoretel services and check to see that all of them are running. The only one that does not have to be running is TrunkTestService.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by davidbec View Post
                      Can you go into services on the server and look for the Shoretel Services.
                      • Click Start.
                      • Type "Services.msc" in the Search box.
                      • Press the Enter.

                      Look for the Shoretel services and check to see that all of them are running. The only one that does not have to be running is TrunkTestService.
                      https://i.imgur.com/2obEwmH.png

                      As For 104 this is they way it was set when i arrived to this job, having a background in computers i was tasked with figuring out the issue.

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        Basically what the managers what is the following.
                        A Customer calls our main Number gets prompted with the following message
                        Code:
                        Thank you for calling xxxxx. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm.
                        If you know your party's three digit extension please dial it now.
                        For a dial by name directory please press 1.
                        To contact our customer service department please press 2.
                        To contact our sales department please press 3.
                        To contact our accounting department please press 4.
                        To contact our estimating department please press 5.
                        For immediate assistance please press 6.


                        Pressing 2 Rings the Customer Service Work Group.
                        Pressing 3 Rings the Sales Work Group.
                        Pressing 4 Rings the Accounting Work Group.
                        Pressing 5 Rings the Estimating Work Group.
                        Then Pressing 6 Calls the Everyone Work Group.
                        If no one from customer service answers the call gets forward to the Voice Mail Box of the Customer Service Manager.
                        The other groups also forward to the respective manager of that group if, the call is not answered.

                        They want it so pressing 2 rings EVERYONE in the Customer Service Work Group at once. This is why they set up a Work Group. But due to the Work Groups failing, Auto Attendant was not Sending the calls to the Work Group, or the Managers Voice Mail box.


                        So, as a temporary fix i created HuntGroups and replaced the WorkGroup entries in auto-attendant with the HuntGroup entries.
                        Are there any major drawbacks to this?
                        I know HuntGroups ( of course setting it to ring simultaneously) don't have shared voicemail boxes. This is fine because the Workgroup Voicemails were set to forward to a managers extension.
                        By putting the managers extension in the option "Call forward destinations:" "No answer" achieve the same thing?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Vault108 View Post
                          By putting the managers extension in the option "Call forward destinations:" "No answer" achieve the same thing? [/FONT][/SIZE]
                          It will ring the managers's phone before going to voicemail instead of dropping it directly. This should be fine until you figure out why the workgroups aren't working.


                          Are you running the latest version of connect? Have you opened a case with your VAR or Mitel directly on this? Workgroups reside on the server so it sounds like something with the server is messed up even though all the proper services are running. I would back up the server and possibly do a repair to see if that fixes the issue. Also, what changed on the server between when it was working and when it stopped? Any windows updates?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bhaikalis View Post

                            It will ring the managers's phone before going to voicemail instead of dropping it directly. This should be fine until you figure out why the workgroups aren't working.


                            Are you running the latest version of connect? Have you opened a case with your VAR or Mitel directly on this? Workgroups reside on the server so it sounds like something with the server is messed up even though all the proper services are running. I would back up the server and possibly do a repair to see if that fixes the issue. Also, what changed on the server between when it was working and when it stopped? Any windows updates?
                            The following changes where made recently ( In this order)
                            • Added my self as an admin, Disabling the default login.
                            • Added a new user extension and phone.
                            • Added two members to a 2 Different work groups.
                            • Rebooted the server
                            • Updated Windows on the HQ server.
                            • Created HuntGroups because Work Groups stopped Working
                            No one really uses, connect here. Besides myself, i currently have it disabled for me. I wish we did but you cant teach an old dog new tricks. Director is at "Build:21.86.1828.0 Small Business Edition"



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Can you temporarily configure a call to go directly to the workgroup and bypass the AA. Just to see whether the workgroup is functioning. You would do that by placing a DID in the workgroup config.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X