Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel Director not working Windows 10

I replaced all Windows 7 PC's with Windows 10. We're on Shoretel version 19.45.1602.0

The problem I'm having is some users are unable to login to the web based Shoretel Director. The person that needs to use this logs in, goes to workgroups, then has access to one of the workgroups.

Ever since he got the new PC, when he clicks on Workgroups, then selects a workgroup, IE 11 locks up. You have to pull up task manager and end task.

Another user that got the exact same PC is able to login and go to workgroups without it locking up.

I have compared IE 11 ActiveX settings on both PC's. All settings are the same.

Things I have tried:
    1. added the IP address of the Shoretel server to trusted sites.
    2. Reset IE: Options, advanced, Reset
    3. Logged in as a different user

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I called the Shoretel vendor and they said Win10 isn't supported by this version, sent a quote that is a lot of money...

Unfortunately, it seems your vendor is correct- Windows 10 support started in build- 19.46.1802.0. Although I can't see this being so expensive to upgrade, should only take a couple of hours depending on how big your system is (if the users are using web based Communicator).

Although my opinion is that this is an IE thing and not necessarily Windows... IE 11 should work.

I honestly have not had many customers using Communicator for web, so I guess that's unfortunately as helpful as I can be here.

Comment

The fact that the other user can log in and perform the same actions shows that Windows 10 is not the issue. More likely it is the build or a windows update that is missing on the PC that freezes. It could also be a network issue. Can this user browse to any other sites or use logins to portals that use activex and java scripts etc? Try rebuilding the PC from scratch. Or if you are able during their lunch break. Physically swap the PCs or swap the patch cables in the comms room to see if it is a network issue.

Also agree with the previous member, the upgrade really should not be too expensive. My customers have Shoretel/Mitel agreements which cover the cost of upgrades.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will compare the Windows 10 builds and look at the other suggestions.

I did try to do the same task on another Win10 PC (the PC I use) and it is having the same problem. So I'll have to look at the one that is working, see if I can find any differences.

Comment

At this point in time you should really be thinking of moving to Connect anyway and getting off of the 14.2 build you are running. Then there is official windows 10 support as well as being able to ditch IE (any version should give you shudders) and use anything you want for director.

Comment

Originally posted by blanning View Post
            At this point in time you should really be thinking of moving to Connect anyway and getting off of the 14.2 build you are running. Then there is official windows 10 support as well as being able to ditch IE (any version should give you shudders) and use anything you want for director.
            I agree and we're looking into it. The quote for over $40K to upgrade to the new version definitely didn't help the situation.

We're hiding IE on new PC's. Pretty disgusting that some sites (often banks) will only work in IE.

Comment

$40k? unless you are on some ancient hardware your partner is grossly over charging for that upgrade. When i worked for an MSP we normally charged 3-4k for the upgrade since they take care of pushing the client software via GPO.

Comment

If that quote was in US dollars; that is an absolute ripoff if I ever saw one. You should immediately complain to Mitel directly and seek a new partner. Look up partners on the Mitel site for your area. I did it for yah and here is what I found based on the location in your profile.

Comment

Good lord!!

Comment

I did find a fix for this:

I allowed IE 11 in the Windows Firewall and that has fixed it on every PC that was having the problem. Odd that many of them work without doing that, but I'll take it!

IE-Firewall.JPG

Regarding the $40K quote: After telling the vendor that's not going to happen, they sent another email with a quote for around $5K. I looked at the original email and it just linked to the quote on their site, so I couldn't pull up the $40K quote. Very shady! I wish I had taken a screen shot of it to show the client. Of course, they deny sending the $40K quote. I figure they were just hoping we'd pay.

Definitely not happy with them, will look into switching to another vendor.
                    Last edited by rick619; 09-20-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X