Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workgroups extensions invalid from ShoreTel phones

TL;DR which ShoreTel logs files should I check to find out why workgroup extensions became "invalid".

When dialing a workgroup directly via extension number from an internal phone users were met with the error "invalid extension" as if they were trying to dial it from an auto attendant menu or something. You could call in to workgroups just fine from the outside via DID, AA menus routed to workgroups just fine, but you couldn't dial them directly via extension number. Restarted the workgroup server service and this did not resolve this issue. Rebooted the server and it started working again. No errors or warning in event viewer appear when or new the time the problem started.

workgroup service i think has some dependencies which is why when you restarted the service it didn't resolve it but restarting the server did (you could also run the stop and start service script rather than rebooting as well.

Comment

I don't recall seeing dependencies, but it's quite possible that I overlooked them. We opted to reboot rather than run the script due to time. It's faster just to do a full reboot.

Comment

Working...
      X