No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP230 no MGC IP address

Hello,

I am having an issue after an upgrade of my Mitel Connect to Build 21.90.9738.0. Suddenly all of the P230's and P115's at my satallite offices (VPN) are not able to download the config file (Shore_sev.txt) from the home office. While performing a packet capture I noticed the phones, instead of looking for the shore_sev.txt file, they were looking for shore_macaddress.txt. So, as a test, I copied the contents of shore_sev.txt and created a file called shore_thephonesmac.txt and the download worked fine. The phone was able to pull all the config data form the new file and connect to the switch. Connection works fine as well if I configure the phone with static info. Keep in mind all of this worked fine before the upgrade. (The Shoretel server was replaced with a virtual server so the OS and FTP server are all brand new) The 400 series phones work fine. Have any of you ever seen this before? Support hasnt realy turned up anything.

Dan

If the phones are looking for the shore_thephonesmac.txt it mean the phones may have had custom parameters loaded in them that are now missing. Normally the phones don't ask for shore_thephonesmac.txt. What happens when you do a mute clear on one of the affected phones?
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Hello Lance, Thanks for your reply. The phones have been cleared. The phones that have not been cleared just use a cached config file.

Comment

I would look at the original ftproot and see if its full of custom files.
        Last edited by Lance; 05-06-2019, 12:12 PM.
        Lance Paddock
        1(800) 289-0299

Comment

There were a few. And we moved them over to the new ftproot on the new server. But a vast majority of our phones do not use custom files.

Comment

A root file set must be missing if they revert to using a cached configs. Moving databases to different servers wouldn't normally trigger a phone to incompletely load. I assume you are using option 156... I have seen option 156 hang up legacy phones if you use configserver and not ftpservers. I doubt that is the problem but I have seen it be an issue in mixed environments
            Lance Paddock
            1(800) 289-0299

Comment

I am using option 156: option 156 ascii "ftpservers=192.168.111.254, country=1, language=1, layer2tagging=1, vlanid=112"

Comment

How did you migrate to the VM?
                Lance Paddock
                1(800) 289-0299

Comment

We had our Shoretel consultant move everything over. I dont know if he has a migration tool or what.

Comment

There is a number of ways to migrate data. The only way that I usually do not recommend is a P2V of the original. Often a P2V can have corrupt data if the shoretel services are still running.
                    Lance Paddock
                    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Might not hurt to do an uninstall and a reinstall of the software. Make a restorable VM backup first though.
                      Lance Paddock
                      1(800) 289-0299

Comment

No we did not P2V the old server. This a brand new build. He just moved the database and FTP folders and anything else needed.

Comment

Working...
                        X