X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmine
    replied
    Originally posted by tonyrolm View Post
    Seen this with Secure Boot enabled on the virtual machine. FYI: vmware 6.7 new VM's created has this enabled by default, have to go to Boot Options and disable it on the new VM
    Tthat is right I have noticed that 6.7 by default set TO UEFI and SECURE BOOT which causing that error during installation. What I started to do is to changing boot to BIOS and this issue is resolved.

Leave a comment:

• tonyrolm
    replied
    Seen this with Secure Boot enabled on the virtual machine. FYI: vmware 6.7 new VM's created has this enabled by default, have to go to Boot Options and disable it on the new VM

Leave a comment:

• mmine
    replied
    I my case I think it was MacAfee preventing installation to complete.
    We still had to spin brand new 2016 server and do it all from ground zero, but installation worked.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by mmine View Post
    All the roles and features are installed, all the prerequisites are check. Getting error 1904 while running installation on Windows Server 2016, please see attachment in the case.
    I have only only seen this a few times with Hyper V and secure boot as blanning mentioned

Leave a comment:

• blanning
    replied
    So a couple of things come to mind that you can check.

1) Is the package unblocked (in right-click and properties) ?
    2) Are you running as a true full rights administrator? (Either a full local admin or a top of tree domain admin if joined to a domain)
    3) Is this an UFEI machine and could secure boot be blocking a driver from loading correctly?

I am sure there are other things, but those are what comes to mind. Also are there any errors in the windows event log that seem related?

Leave a comment:

• mmine
    started a topic Error 1904 when installing 21.90.9738.0 on Windows 2016

Error 1904 when installing 21.90.9738.0 on Windows 2016

All the roles and features are installed, all the prerequisites are check. Getting error 1904 while running installation on Windows Server 2016, please see attachment in the case.
    Attached Files
Working...
X