Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am trying to delete sg60 switch. How to delete the switch?

I am trying to delete sg60 switch and its giving me and error that users are still associated with it. How to delete the switch?
    Switch is not config switch
    Switch doesnt have any softphones configured
    Switch is not a proxy switch
    Switch doesnt have any hunt groups or any groups configured

I know I can look in shoreware DBA but not sure where to look, any advices?

It's either an analog or IP resources are tied to phones/users, did you make sure it shows zero of X number of IP resources being used?
    Randy Wensmann
    rwensmann@btxchange.com
    (408) 385-3485
    www.btxchange.com

Comment

Unregistered sip extensions and mobility users can hide in the database. Especially in Connect
      Lance Paddock
      BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
      1(800) 289-0299

Comment

I had the same issue. Turned out to be a couple of users who were associated with the switch, but were using external assignment. Once I tracked them down, I switched them to any IP phone, deleted the switch, and then moved them back to external assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by rwensmann View Post
          It's either an analog or IP resources are tied to phones/users, did you make sure it shows zero of X number of IP resources being used?
          Nothing associated with this switch anymore, and has 0 in ip resources and all.

Comment

Originally posted by a10ecun View Post
            I had the same issue. Turned out to be a couple of users who were associated with the switch, but were using external assignment. Once I tracked them down, I switched them to any IP phone, deleted the switch, and then moved them back to external assignment.
            How did you track em down?

Comment

Make a backup before you do anything.
              Lance Paddock
              1(800) 289-0299

Comment

There is more than 1 way to track a switch resource. This is more direct method with the least amount of guessing. Be careful and tread at your own risk

You will need to use a DB editor to access the database. Here is a post on How To Access the Mitel Database

1st thing you will need is to find the switch ID
                DB location= shoreware>tables>switches. Then locate the switchID tab and find the switch number

2nd thing you will need to do is to also find a switch that can take your hidden users (a switch with free ip resources) save this ID to replace the soon to be deleted switch

Now you know the ID you need to replace. You will need to re assign your users to your new switch ID
                DB location= shoreware>tables>ports. Then locate the switchID tab and find the switch number you need to modify. You should be able to sort your ports by switchID and see what is occupying your resource.

After the resources have been moved in the DB you can log back into director to delete the switch
                Last edited by Lance; 04-17-2019, 11:28 AM.
                Lance Paddock
                1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  There is more than 1 way to track a switch resource. This is more direct method with the least amount of guessing. Be careful and tread at your own risk

You will need to use a DB editor to access the database. Here is a post on How To Access the Mitel Database

1st thing you will need is to find the switch ID
                  DB location= shoreware>tables>switches. Then locate the switchID tab and find the switch number

2nd thing you will need to do is to also find a switch that can take your hidden users (a switch with free ip resources) save this ID to replace the soon to be deleted switch

Now you know the ID you need to replace. You will need to re assign your users to your new switch ID
                  DB location= shoreware>tables>ports. Then locate the switchID tab and find the switch number you need to modify. You should be able to sort your ports by switchID and see what is occupying your resource.

After the resources have been moved in the DB you can log back into director to delete the switch
                  Lance this is help me bunch thank you for your detailed post.

But the extension that were stopping me from deleting that switch I found in SQL:

table Usercurrentswitch

I looked at the switch id and found "ghost" extension, then I looked for this extension in director and it had problematic switch as its "current port"
                  , I switch it to softphone and was able to delte the switch.

Comment

I should have added that table as well. I am glad you were able to resolve the issue.
                    Lance Paddock
                    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Working...
                    X