Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead Paging

This seems like it should be easy but I can't for the life of me figure out whats going on. Paging works fine on all the phones but I can't get the page to come across my Overhead Paging equipment.

Here is the configuration:

We have a Paging Group configured and it points to an Extension List.
    Under Sites> Night Bell Call Handling I have the Paging Extension entered but when I select the Paging Switch (for the Paging Adapter) I get the error: Dn is taken by *Name of the Paging extension*

What does that mean?

Thanks for any help or advice!

That usually means a number is already assigned to the actual paging port or the extension you are trying to assign is not available.
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Thanks Lance!

That's exactly whats happening but I don't understand why. I can change the extension number one higher and it works but it will not keep the paging switch I choose. As soon as the screen refreshes, it keeps the new extension but not the switch I choose. In the process it is creating a new extension labeled paging.

Interestingly enough, when I choose the next extension number, it does not delete the previous one. The database is hanging on to the previous ones and I can't find where they are. I just happened to notice they were listed in the extension list as you can see below.

ShoreTel Page.PNG
      921 was the original when the phone vendor set it up. The next two extensions I created via the night bell call handling screen.

I don't understand whats going on.

Comment

Working...
      X