Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polycom IP6000 SIP phones connected to On Prem environment from outside network?

Good morning everyone!

We recently went from running both a ShoreTel on Prem (Build:21.88.3731.0) and ShoreTel sky environment to just using ShoreTel on prem. Our regional offices were the offices on the ShoreTel sky environment and I have since converted over all our regional phones to connect up via the Edge gateway. In our regional offices we used Polycom IP6000's with the ShoreTel sky system for our conference room audio. In our regional offices we do not do any type of VPN mesh, MLPS etc.

I am trying to figure out how I can configure the Polycom IP6000's in our regional offices to connect back to the servers here at my corporate location so that we can use them for our conference rooms still. Utilizing some of our extra public IP's and doing some 1 to 1 NAT rules I was able to get the Polycom to register in our director server to its profile. On the phone itself it says that its registered and has a dial tone but I am unable to either dial a extension or full DID from the Polycom. I also am not able to call the Polycom phone from one of our desk phones.

I feel like im just missing one piece of the puzzle to get it to work.

Thanks!

You have it built as as a user and assigned that phone to a user? You can't dial either direction internal to internal? Have you assigned a DID to it to see if that works instead of routing internal (you mention calling out to a DID, but we want to avoid internal)? I am with you there is one thing off and once you get it working partial it will make it easier to figure out that final piece.
    Randy Wensmann
    rwensmann@btxchange.com
    (408) 385-3485
    www.btxchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwensmann View Post
      You have it built as as a user and assigned that phone to a user? You can't dial either direction internal to internal? Have you assigned a DID to it to see if that works instead of routing internal (you mention calling out to a DID, but we want to avoid internal)? I am with you there is one thing off and once you get it working partial it will make it easier to figure out that final piece.
      Thanks for the response Rwensmann!

Here is the complete break down of the setup.

1. I have a user created in ShoreWare Director, the user is a normal Extension and Mailbox license type and I have the primary phone port set to SoftSwitch: Headquarters. The current port for the user shows the correct SIP device that is in the regional office I am trying to connect. I have both a DID and an extension assigned to the user profile.

2. Ive assigned the DID that I was using for the above SIP profile to my phone profile and when I dialed it rings my desk phone correctly.

3. If I attempt to call either the DID or extension of the SIP profile the phone sits silent for about 30 seconds before it finally goes to the voicemail box of the profile.

Here below will be the firewall/Polycom rules. This is where I think I have something wrong
      4. For our firewall I have a public IP that I am using a 1 to 1 NAT rule. I have the public IP going to one of our ST100DA-T1 phone switches and allowing port 5060 only though. This is how the rest of our Polycom's are configured but these are located within the network and not at a regional site like this one.

5. On the Polycom itself I have the SIP server as the Public IP and port 5060 for the SIP Outbound Proxy I also have the address as the public IP looking at 5060
      EX: SIP Server
      Address: 74.204.87.125
      Port: 5060

SIP Outbound Proxy
      Address: 74.204.87.125
      Port: 5060

SIP Line Identification

Display Name: Matching User name
      Address: Extension (EX: 1234)
      Authentication User ID: Extension
      Authentication Password: 123456
      Label: Extension

If I remote into a PC on the network that the Polycom is on I can see that it is registered on the phone and I confirmed this with a user on site that the phone says line registered and displays the correct extension, etc. Polycom will get dial tone but when trying to call out it does the same thing as trying to call it where it just sits with no noise.

I did try allowing all ports on the firewall rule to see if maybe I was just blocking a port that it needs to communicate but I got the same results so I went back to just allowing 5060 through.

Appreciate your help! If it can be of any help I can pass my work email over to you aswell.

Thank!

Comment

Working...
      X