Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calls being forwarded to a cell phone all of a sudden start giving a fast busy

I have an odd issue happening that I haven't been able to figure out yet. Were running ShoreTel 14.2

I have a user that has setup his out of office to call forward to his cell phone. It's always worked for him. Recently when calls get forwarded to his cell phone, you just hear a fast busy.

I put my work cell phone number in the Always Destination and when I call his desk phone it forwards fine to my phone. I don't get a fast busy. I also plugged in my personal cell phone number and it works too. Both my phones are on the T-Mobile network. He's been having the calls forward to his personal cell which is on the T-mobile network. I checked his phone to make sure he hadn't accidentally blocked his desk phone number and everything was fine there. We've rebooted his phone. I rebooted the server and the SG90 in the building, I've deleted his extension and re-created it from scratch. The same issue is still happening. He called T-mobile yesterday and they said everything was fine on their end. Everything looks correctly setup in Shoretel.

What's going on here? Anyone have any other troubleshooting steps I can try to solve this?

Fast busy? Do you see the system in the Trunk Test Tool grabbing another trunk and trying to make the call?
    Randy Wensmann
    rwensmann@btxchange.com
    (408) 385-3485
    www.btxchange.com

Comment

Sounds like a caller id presentation issue to me. E164 requirements and RNIE presentation issues can cause these kinds of issues.

Lance Paddock
      BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
      1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Lance, how do you fix it?

Comment

Good post about E164 Outbound Formats. Please note that I would do a few test calls if you do this change. If this format is wrong for you circuit you could possible not be able to dial out. Its very issue to turn off but do it when you can confirm whats needed.
          Lance Paddock
          1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Here is a good post about Flipping the RNIE. This change is less harmful and will change what end user and the carrier see as caller id
            Lance Paddock
            1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Flipping the RNIE presentation would present the the caller id of the calling party to the cellphone. The default option presents the BTN or personalized DID number to the cellphone
              Lance Paddock
              1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Did I do it right? There is a warning at the bottom.

FlipRNIE.jpg

Comment

That is correct and once you create the profile you will have to select the profile from your trunk group
                  Lance Paddock
                  1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Should I remove the greater than and less than symbols at the end of this command?

Comment

Yes, no brackets
                      Lance Paddock
                      1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Here's the weird thing I just noticed. When I call my desk phone the forwarding number just gives a dial tone and that cell phone never rings. ShoreTel communicator shows the call being transferred. Is this a Shoretel issue?

Comment

I just asked T-Mobile for a different number. The new number they gave me gives a fast busy as well when calls are transferred to it. I tried the Flipping the RNIE presentation but that didn't fix the issue. My Shoretel Communicator shows the call being transferred. What else can I try? Could this be an issue with our local phone provider instead?

Comment

Working...
                          X