Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Conferencing

We just installed a QSC DSP in our Boardroom. The DSP is connected to our Shoretel system via an analog connection. This is necessary because QSC can not do old school conferencing over SIP. We are trying to get four people on a conference call without using a bridge. Using the "Flash" feature on the DSP, we can get three people on a call (2 external plus 1 internal). When we try to connect the fourth person, the calls start to drop. I have read online that adding up to six callers might be possible. Does anyone know how to do this? Our installer as well as QSC are telling us this is a shoretel issue.

Just curious...why didn't you go with the conference bridge that shoretel has? But if you are trying to do a 3 to 6 party conference, you can do that natively. Just make sure there are enough conference ports on the switch you are using. Unfortunately, i know nothing about the QSC DSP and how to integrate it with Shoretel.

Comment

The bridging services just haven't been embraced yet. Here is the config for the SG90. Do you see anything wrong with the config?

SG90e.PNG

Comment

pschro1 the config on the switch is correct, but you also have to increase the maximum no of conference parties in the User's User Group Telephony permissions this is set to 3 by default

Comment

Our max call stack depth and make parties in a make me conference are set to six.

class of service.PNG
          Last edited by pschro1; 02-01-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

FYI the conference ports on the switch are for native ad-hoc conferencing, they won't utilize the DSP device. You would need to have some type of trunk or something built to the DSP device and possibly a route point with off-system ext if you want that device to act like a conference bridge. Otherwise how else do you expect that device to "answer" a request for conference resources?

Comment

Working...
            X