Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Maintenance - Is there any recommended?

Greetings,

We've got a customer with a system that has some very slow report-generation happening. Is there any database maintenance that should be run on a regular basis, like most/all sql databases? I can't find anything recommended by ShoreTel/Mitel...

As you say there is nothing documented that I am aware of. There is a tool to compact the DB and recover excess space, but I have not done that enough times (mostly because it is generally unnecessary) to note if there was a performance difference after it was done.

Comment

Is this occurring on the UC or ECC system, in either case the recommendations are not to generate reports at busy times and there should be some information on the amount ECC reports that can safely be generated in the ECC Admin Guide. Another thing to look at is does your Customer's Servers meet the minimum requirements for the versions of software they are running?

Comment

Joe,

I ran into a massive ShoreTel archive database one time that required upgrading, and during that time trying to figure out how to do that I did note that there were some custom changes made to make queries run faster due to the large database. I'm certainly not an expert, and not recommending you do anything - but there are certainly some settings you could tweak.

Each MySQL database is going to have an .ini file (generally my.ini) that has settings that can be tweaked. For the CDR database on HQ it looks like it's using "C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server\MySQL\MySQL Server\mycdr.ini"

No idea what to really recommend, but maybe you could get some advice from MySQL forum.

Also there is an optimization tool in MySQL (MYSQLCHECK.EXE) you can use to, well, optimize the database. I couldn't upload the .cmd file, but here's what the contents of "Optimize.cmd" is:

@ECHO OFF
        CLS
        SET HOUR=%TIME:~0,2%
        SET TIMESTAMP9=%DATE:~-4%-%DATE:~4,2%-%DATE:~7,2%_0%TIME:~1,1%-%TIME:~3,2%-%TIME:~6,2%
        SET TIMESTAMP24=%DATE:~-4%-%DATE:~4,2%-%DATE:~7,2%_%TIME:~0,2%-%TIME:~3,2%-%TIME:~6,2%
        IF "%HOUR:~0,1%" == " " (SET TIMESTAMP=%TIMESTAMP9%) ELSE (SET TIMESTAMP=%TIMESTAMP24%)
        ECHO %TIMESTAMP% Optimizing Databases... >> "D:\MYSQL LOGS\Backup.log"
        "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MYSQL\MYSQL SERVER 5.1\BIN\MYSQLCHECK.EXE" --user=root --password=shorewaredba --port=4309 --optimize --force --all-databases

You'd obviously have to change the path, since this was used in an archive database scenario.

Again I'm just giving you what I know, not saying to do this - maybe you could run through this in a lab with their CDR database or something.

Comment

What hardware is the server running on, how large is the system, (users) and what is the scope of the report that they are generating?

Comment

Working...
          X