Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site/911 Routing

I am a bit new to Shoretel (though I was the admin for a company with a 200 person call center on Mitel for over 10 years) but I am really digging the shoretel connect director. We opened a remote office and I want to deploy phones out there without a shoretel switch. My goal is to just have those phones connect to our primary campus over the redundant vpn connections. I think this all should work (at least it does in my mind) but the one thing I'm not positive about is the 911 and cesid.

I'm assuming i should setup a site and then use the IP Phone Address Map to ensure those phones use the correct cesid. Are there any other considerations that I need to account for on that?

Ideally you would have an appliance with 1 or 2 copper lines at that site and use those as the preferred 911 path, but it can work over the VPN with a site (will have to check use parent as proxy in site settings to get 911 to cross over the site and will have to verify that you have a number you can push from the main sites trunks that is registered to the address of the remote site).

Comment

Building a site with no switch there would be pointless. The IP address map is meant to assign a phone with a specific IP range to a switch at that site. No switch at the site means the phone will have nothing to attach to. With the setup you want to run with you would need to work with the telco on a alley/ani sheet to specify which DID or caller ID would be associated to the remote site. All in all it really is not a good idea to have a site without a Shoretel switch as it presents a few other issues.

Comment

Working...
      X