Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with VSA (Expected product type: SG-VSA Actual product type: SG-MX500)

All,

We are in the middle of a hardware migration to Nutanix (which I know isn't technically supported) which is why I am coming here for help. We have successfuly moced our Linux DVS, Virtual Swtiches, Edge Gateway, Mobility Router, ECC, and HQ all over to Nutanix (which was not easy)

Our last holdout is our VSA, we can get it to move over and boot no problem however when it comes up in Nutanix we get the following error in Director
    Attempting to connect to switch at IP address x.x.x.x with incorrect product type: Expected product type: SG-VSA Actual product type: SG-MX500 The configuration database has the incorrect product type for the switch at this IP address.
    Everything can connect to it and if you look at ti in director all services are started on it. Just looks like for some reason its thinking its a different product type, because Nutanix isn't a supported Hypervisor we are kinda on our own on this one so hoping someone has an idea of what I might do to troubleshoot.

That is an odd issue. Have you tried to just add a new instance in the system? I am also assuming that your vsa reference is a virtual service appliance
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      That is an odd issue. Have you tried to just add a new instance in the system? I am also assuming that your vsa reference is a virtual service appliance
      Yes a Virtual Service Appliance, and its very odd all the other appliances went over just fine and are working as expected, Its an exact clone of the VSA from our old VMWare environment and if we go over an boot that one up it registers up just fine. I am surepised that the Linux DVS and vSwitch we have are working as expected and this is the only one giving us issues.

I haven't tried a reinstall yet but that would also present issues because there is technically no image made for AHV, The odd thing is CentOS boots just fine and if you browse to the IP of the appliance the menu comes up as expected and if you also look at the connectivity page all other appliances have a Green Check meaning they can talk to it, but the line for the VSA itself is all yellow ?. Also if you look at the Servers page all services are green and running (Web Server, Collaboration Management Conference Attendant, Telephony Management Server, and IM Server) so the box itself is up and functional just seems like the TMS of the HQ is reading it as a different appliance type.

Comment

I doubt that it is the vm environment itself. I have seen those types of issues when the system itself goofs something in the database. I would do a fresh reboot of the system then do a stop all and then a start all of services from the scripts. Some vm environments start too fast causing a slip in tms awareness.You may also need to increase your tms timeout so all equipment can catch up to the server.
        Lance Paddock
        1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          I doubt that it is the vm environment itself. I have seen those types of issues when the system itself goofs something in the database. I would do a fresh reboot of the system then do a stop all and then a start all of services from the scripts. Some vm environments start too fast causing a slip in tms awareness.You may also need to increase your tms timeout so all equipment can catch up to the server.
          You still think its the VM Environment even though if I boot back up the VMware version of the appliance it comes up and registers just fine? to me I would think it could be something else if both were showing the same issue but because I can boot the Nutanix one have the error then shut that down and boot the VMWare one and everything comes up just fine that points to something on the actual appliance. I have even tried to remove the appliance form HQ and re add it back in and the same thing happens.

Comment

Here are some screenshots to show what I am talking about

Last edited by DSF767; 01-15-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

The only differences between most of the virtual equipment is what is triggered during the start up of the switches os so you never know. Spinning up a new image of the switch would for sure tell you if the limitation is within Nutanix.
              Lance Paddock
              1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Working...
              X