No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user can make outgoing calls but cannot receive any direct calls

Hi There,
    I have taken over a new site and we have Shortel System at that site. I have created a new extension for a user and he is unable to received calls from outside the business. Could you please direct me to the right place or help me in resolving this issue.

ShoreWare Director
    Type of phones - IP230

Thank you

Chris
    Last edited by ccunningham; 11-13-2018, 02:38 PM.

Hi,

I have another question on ShoreWare directors. I have purchased an additional 2 phone extensions licenses and the sales guys hasn't mention to me about the personal access license.

Now, when I create a new user extension - the user can make internal and outgoing calls but cannot received any external calls.

Is there any work around this as I don't want to purchase any license as we are going to implement a cloud based system in the next month.

Thanks in-advance for you help.

Chris

Comment

There is multiple possible reasons why your user might not be able to receive an external call.

The most likely reason is there is no inbound route associated to the user. Users can be a part of a hunt group, work group, or have a direct DID number attached to them.
      Lance Paddock
      BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
      1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Hi Lance, The user has a direct DID number and the user in not a part of the hunt group or work group.

Thanks

Cc

Comment

When calling this DID number what happens? By default in a working system you would have 2 possibilities. Reach the intended destination or route to the default unassigned destination.

Which is happening and what type of trunks do you have?
          Lance Paddock
          1(800) 289-0299

Comment

When calling this DID number from outside this office (Message we get - no power or out of service) We would like it to reach the intended destination. We have System SDN Trunk.

Would it be because we don't have enough personal access license (see pic). If Yes, how could I get around this without purchasing extra licenses as we are going to change the phone system in two months.

Comment

Licenses do not restrict features. Are you sure you own that DID? I would open the trunk test tool and see if the call hits the trunk.
              Lance Paddock
              1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Where can I see IDID that I could use?

Comment

Lance, see pic attached. Let me know if you are not receiving them. ThanksCapture1.PNG

Comment

That is the log

Comment

Working...
                    X