No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to server 2012

I'm looking for a sanity check.

Any reason I can't roll a new server with windows 2012, install Director onto it and load the configuration of my production server from one of the backups onto this new one?

Assuming I'll want to have the Director services on my production server off after I complete loading the backup to the new server?

Then i'll rename the new server and change it's IP to the production's and mothball the old one.

Well the process is very specific, but not actually hard. We do that failly regularly for customers, you just have to keep all the pieces in the right order to avoid creating yourself a problem. In our best experiences the process has gone something like the following...
    1. Build new ShoreTel server following the admin/PIG recommendations for your OS (which must be supported on your current ShoreTel Build)
    2. Take backup of old shoretel server (DB dump, CDR dump & copy of entire shoreline data folder)
    3. Stop shoretel services on old server (preferably with the example batch file that disables those services so that if the box get's rebooted they don't come back on)
    4. Move old server to another IP
    5. Move new server to HQ IP (change in director, then registry, then NIC, then reboot)
    6. Make sure new server has functioning (but empty) ShoreTel install
    7. Import ShoreTel DB & CDR DB
    8. Verify programming looks right
    9. Stop all services on new server (quickinstall -stopall from cmd)
    10. Copy shoreline data folder contents from old server into new server
    11. Restart all services on new server (quickinstall -startall from cmd)
    12. Reboot server
    13. Verify functionality

Comment

I'm having difficulty with this, let me share what I'm doing.

I do have the new server to a point that i can login with the credentials for a fresh install and the director pages work.

1. On the current server, run hq_backup_all.bat file in the sample_backup_restore folder
      2. run hq_shoretel-stop-svcs.bat in the scripts folder
      3. copy that backup folder to my new server
      4. run quickinstall -stopall on the current server and copy the contents of Shoreline Data to my new server (not over top of the same folder on the new server)
      5. Change the IP on my current server to a different address.
      6. change the IP on my new server to the address Director was on
      7. run hq_restore_all.bat from the sample_backup_restore folder
      8. check the director link on the desktop after the restore script ran.
      9. run hq_shoretel-stop-svcs.bat in the scripts folder and then run quickinstall -stopall on the new server.
      10. copy the shoreline data folder from the old server overtop the same directory on the new server
      11. run quickinstall -startall on the new server and hq_shoretel-enable-svcs.bat on the new server and reboot it.

What I've been getting is on step 8 I'll get a 500 internal server error, but i if i continue through the rest i'll get the director page to load but I'm not authenticating correctly. and communicator won't connect to the new server.

Is there any complication with my director being configured to use AD Auth?

Comment

Since you installed the Shoretel server when it had another IP Address, you probably need to edit the registry.
        For Shoretel versions except Connect:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Shoreline Teleworks\HQServerAddress
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Shoreline Teleworks\LocalDBServerAddress

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Shoreline Teleworks\HQServerAddress
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Shoreline Teleworks\LocalDBServerAddress

Also, you may have to modify a config file;
        • Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Shoreline Communications\ShoreWare Server and locate the 'Monitoringservice.ini';
        • In that file is the IP Address of the HQ server. Be sure to set it to the correct address.

My suggestion would be to install Shoretel with the main server's IP address on a private isolated data switch first.
        I usually install the Shoretel with the correct I address with the Shoreline data folder in place. There is a little bit more downtime, since the production server would be offline while installing the software.
        Last edited by occdave; 09-08-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X