No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect Full Number

All:

Is it possible to have Shoretel Connect display the FULL number and not the extension only of internal shoetrel numbers?
    Attached a picture of what I mean.

I can't seem to find any sort of setting in Director or the Shoretel Connect Client.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ckeller9; 08-08-2018, 02:49 PM. Reason: connect, shoretelconnect, director

What do you mean by the "full number", the user's DID? There may be a setting that shows DID's (if they are assigned as DIDs and not extension mapped or DNISed) in the client, I will have to look again.

But either way it is a mistake to think of a DID as a full number, from the PBX's perspective that is like saying you want the REAL name when you mean DNS. The IP is the real address of a machine (or the extension in the PBX world) the DNS name (DID or full number) is just something that gets pointed at the REAL address of the machine for convenience sake.

Comment

Originally posted by blanning View Post
      What do you mean by the "full number", the user's DID? There may be a setting that shows DID's (if they are assigned as DIDs and not extension mapped or DNISed) in the client, I will have to look again.

But either way it is a mistake to think of a DID as a full number, from the PBX's perspective that is like saying you want the REAL name when you mean DNS. The IP is the real address of a machine (or the extension in the PBX world) the DNS name (DID or full number) is just something that gets pointed at the REAL address of the machine for convenience sake.
      Let me explain: our receptionist wants to be able to quickly look up the full number (area code, and 7 digits following) of our companies' users. When she types in an internal username to Shoretel Connect, she is only getting the 4-digit extension. She wants to be able to get the full external number from Shoretel Connect in order to provide that to external clients. We haven't discovered a way to display this and seeing as we have various offices across the country with various area codes, it's been a pain.

By full number, I mean the user's full caller ID number (###-###-####).

Comment

Try adding the userís full number in the system directory for that user. If you are on pre Connect versions youíll find the link at the bottom of the Userís General tab add the number as the work number there

Comment

Originally posted by tomh60 View Post
          Try adding the userís full number in the system directory for that user. If you are on pre Connect versions youíll find the link at the bottom of the Userís General tab add the number as the work number there
          Hey, that was it. With Shoretel Connect Director, there is an "Edit Directory," and under the "General" tab, you can add/edit various numbers. Tested mine and it appeared.
          Going to have to go through but this is a great start. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X