Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel VPN Conventrator 5300 Configuration HELP!

I was just recently promoted to this admin position and the previous person just had this VPN Concentrator installed but never completely setup.
    I'ive never worked with anything shortel related but as far as getting this going correctly, we have a sonicwall at the office and at the remote users locations they also have tz105 sonicwalls as well.

So would it just be as simple as me creating user id and passwords on the gui side of things here on the concentrator and plug those into the remote phones? Does the WAN need to be configured on this concentrator as well? this concentrator apparently has 25 license already. Any help or guidance would be truly appreciated as ive scoured through this message board and read through the manual but i am kind of stumped at this point.

The VPN Concentrator is pretty easy to configure but looks more confusing than it really is. What you basically said is about what you will need to do. Not to go around the question but you did say your offsite users have tz105s...why not just establish a regular tunnel since they already have the equipment?

WHAT THE VPN NEEDS:
    1) 1 Wan public Ip that allows port 443
    2) 1 local ip that is on the same network as your system
    3) A block of local ips that you will use for your stunnel within the VPN to assign the offsite users.
    4) Create your your remote users. They will need a user name and a user password

WHAT THE SHORETEL SYSTEM NEEDS:
    1) Local ip resources. VPN users show up like normal phones users
    2) make sure that the usergroup that the offszite users are using allows them to use the features...i vaguely recal ther was a permission with the basic settings.
    3) I would designated a site map telling the system that the pool of offsite phones are remote users so they use a different codec.

WHAT THE PHONE NEEDS:
    1) Enable the VPN option
    2) Enter the Public ip into the phone and decide to enable or disable password prompting. If i recall correctly prompting forces the end user to retype in all info each reconnect vs just the password.

WHAT THE USER NEEDS:
    1) Public VPN ip just in case it disappears
    2) User name
    3) User password
    4) usually nothing else is needed... most end user settings at home work.

Last edited by Lance; 06-13-2018, 01:49 PM.
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Working...
    X