Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were running Shoretel 14.2, is there a way to bulk log out phones?

Were running ShoreTel 14.2, is there a way to bulk log out phones? Do I use the dbimport tool? I want to set them to Any IP Phone on the primary phone port. We are a school district. I don't want teachers coming back to phones that are still logged in with the last staff member that was in the room.

There is no easy way to bulk unassigned assigned phones. Every method i can think of requires more work than just deleting all the phones.
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Every year I manually go in and one by one I set the extensions to Any Ip Phone. It's very time-consuming. I can bulk change voicemail passwords but can't bulk log out phones. I don't get it.

Comment

The easiest way that is not risky would be to delete all the phones and reboot the poe switches that power them.
        Lance Paddock
        BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
        1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Just to make sure I understand correctly. I would click the submenu under IP Phones called Individual IP Phones and click the checkbox to select all the phones and click Delete.

After this is done, could the Shoretel switch be rebooted or do you have to actually reboot the POE switch for the phones to be set back to Any Ip Phone?

Comment

You would have to reboot the PoE switch powering the phones, not the ST/SG voice switch.

Comment

Pro services have an application that will do this but itís licensed so there will be a cost

Comment

Rob, do you have a link?

Comment

I know the site that had it , I will need to log on tomorrow and have a look for you Danh

Comment

It was a variation of an application called Phone Scheduler , it was modified by pro services to log all phones off at a nominated time , as it was bespoke you will need to go to pro services.

as it happens the customer is now on Connect and no longer has the application

Comment

Rob, is this what your talking about that was modified?

http://www.cktelephone.com/index.php...use-scheduler/

Comment

Anyone else know about this modified version of Phone Scheduler?

Comment

Working...
                        X