No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workgroup pickup by non-agent

I have a request from a department head for the following functionality:

He wants people who are either workgroup agents to see incoming calls but not ring their phones, or non-agents to see and pick up calls monitored on their phones.

Are either of these possible ?

Anyone can pick up a ringing Workgroup call by dialling *13 + Workgroup No, to see the calls in the workgroup queue you will need to be assigned a minimum of Workgroup Agent Client access, not sure if you can add a workgroup as a monitored extension but worth a try and set it not to ring..

Comment

I made an inbound call to the workgroup from my cell, the monitored workgroup extension showed as ringing (red button) and I tried pressing those numbers, but it didn't do anything.

Are there other buttons I need to press ?

Comment

The way I have this working is to create a custom client button for a group and add it to their ShoreTel system. Say you have extension 5533, you create a button to pick up 5533. On the connect client people will then see this flashing and they can pick it up by pressing the button. Works pretty well for us.
        Attached Files

Comment

and that will pick up a call to a workgroup where the person picking up is not part of that workgroup ? I have set up a button for a user to monitor the workgroup, but it only blinks red, and the user cannot pick it up.

Comment

Working...
          X