Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShoreTel Phones drop calls at random

At office of 30 employees, our ShoreTel phone keep dropping connection randomly and it effects most users (at random). Sometimes you don't have to be on the phone and it loses connection with the phone server. I restarted the Shortel switch and it didn't resolve anything. It's on premise which is connected to a netgear switch. I looked at the HQ logs and some noticable erors are:
    • Swithc 10:00, Calls 2, Free Mem 58508720, Max Mem Block 57678720
    • IP Phone Display Server: A called remained in the Unknown state for more that 30 seconds. This usally indicates a failure in a switch, a SIP device, or the Telephone Management
    • Switch: Trunks unavailable to route to *phone number*

Any thoughts?

Personally... I always start by verifying that the mystery issues are not coming from what lives on your network. Offsite backups, video cameras and just about every form of newly forced practices can cause large amounts of traffic that can overpower voice traffic. At your size I doubt that this is the issue but it does happen. Next I would try to plug in a simple switch with the server, shoretel switches, my workstation and a few test phones. This feed should come from the core of the network and not be a daisy chain of the existing switches. From there I would also statically assign everything in my switch so i can discount myself from the main network and keep the system intact and operational with only users missing. Having a small isolated area to test in will give you an easier way to confirm where issues come from.
    Last edited by Lance; 02-28-2018, 04:00 PM.
    Lance Paddock
    BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Are you should you don't just lose the ability to make outbound calls and lose inbound calls?? Do your extension to extension calls still work while this happens?? What type of trunks do you have, is it a PRI hand-off from your internet provider?? Basically do they split a PRI off your internet circuit??

Comment

Also what version are you running

Comment

Are you on connect? Using an SG30 or SG50?

Comment

Originally posted by southeasternMI View Post
            Are you should you don't just lose the ability to make outbound calls and lose inbound calls?? Do your extension to extension calls still work while this happens?? What type of trunks do you have, is it a PRI hand-off from your internet provider?? Basically do they split a PRI off your internet circuit??
            The calls drop at random sometimes is users from switch 1 or users from switch 2. The whole phone goes down and it says it's connection to an IP address. I've attached some screenshots that show the errors
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ryanc View Post
              Are you on connect? Using an SG30 or SG50?
              It's an SG60

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                Personally... I always start by verifying that the mystery issues are not coming from what lives on your network. Offsite backups, video cameras and just about every form of newly forced practices can cause large amounts of traffic that can overpower voice traffic. At your size I doubt that this is the issue but it does happen. Next I would try to plug in a simple switch with the server, shoretel switches, my workstation and a few test phones. This feed should come from the core of the network and not be a daisy chain of the existing switches. From there I would also statically assign everything in my switch so i can discount myself from the main network and keep the system intact and operational with only users missing. Having a small isolated area to test in will give you an easier way to confirm where issues come from.
                Lance, I think it could be from the carrier side. Your thoughts?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by southeasternMI View Post
                  Also what version are you running
                  Build 19.45

Comment

I think it would have to be a local issue. Phones dropping out to no service are switch to phone communications. I would make sure your switches are not falling out of full duplex or having issue with connection quality to your network switch.
                    Lance Paddock
                    1(800) 289-0299

Comment

It also looks like you are exceeding your bandwidth thresholds to your ny site
                      Lance Paddock
                      1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Working...
                      X