Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallpaper on 485G. Normal!

Is this normal on a 485G? We have 480's so I decided to look at the 485G models. But when I got it there are these lines going across the wallpaper. Is this normal? Anyway to remove them? Going into options the lines are not there so I suspect its normal. Happens on all wallpapers.
    Looks like crap. 485g.jpg

i believe it is, it's an overlay for the line appearance keys

Comment

The system places a darkened overlay on top of the background so that the text and icons for the status of the phone are easily readable. The three "lines" you are seeing are just the gaps between the overlays for the call appearance buttons. Notice they fade in the middle of the display so the image is more visible? This is by design. I have not tested with pure white and pure black background images, but you might be able to find one that the phone does not think needs an overlay that might remove that, if it is either light or dark enough.

Comment

With whiter backgrounds the lines become almost invisible
        Lance Paddock
        BTX | Business Telephone eXchange
        1(800) 289-0299

Comment

Maybe, but the fact remains that having a color screen without being able to remove the lines makes the phone look broken. I actually returned one because I did not think it was normal because it looked like crap. There has to be a way to remove these. If not then why would anyone want a color screen and pay more for it.
          Appreciate all the replies.

Comment

The lines are normal. It would be nice to have an option to remove them, but at least you can load your own wallpapers.
            shoretelphone1.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X