No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt Group member needs to see calls but not have phone ringing

Hello All,

First post here from a new member. We've had a Shoretel system at my company for a few years now and I do most of the administration, being the I.T. Manager. I have a pretty simple question but cannot find the options to answer it.

Our Reception phone has Call Control applied with 2 hunt group members. When the receptionist is either "no answer" or "busy" during working hours, the 2 hunt group members have their phones ring. A third user, apparently at some point in the past, would have her phone light up when calls came in--but NOT ring--so she could have the option to pick up, if necessary. Adding her as a third hunt group member is the easy part.

For some time now, her phone no longer lights up with the green light to show that a call came in to reception. I want to enable that, but NOT have her phone ring non-stop when the receptionist cannot answer the phone.

I've looked around everywhere in Shoretel Director, read up on hunt groups and hunt group options in the administration guide, but can't find anything relevant.

How do I configure the reception phone to light up this 3rd user's phone to indicate a call came in, but not have her phone ring?

Thank you!

You can try programming a monitor extension button on the 3rd person's phone for the hunt group extension. There are options for that type of button to surpress or delay the ring. I believe you can also program a pickup button on that 3rd person's phone for the hunt group extension, but I don't believe the pickup button will light up or indicate an incoming hunt group call.

Comment

Originally posted by mrp View Post
      You can try programming a monitor extension button on the 3rd person's phone for the hunt group extension. There are options for that type of button to surpress or delay the ring. I believe you can also program a pickup button on that 3rd person's phone for the hunt group extension, but I don't believe the pickup button will light up or indicate an incoming hunt group call.
      Hi, I just wanted to thank you...your reply gave me the clue I needed to get this resolved. I did the following in Shoretel Director, sharing for anyone else who might have this question:

1. Login to Shoretel Director;

2. Navigate to Users > Individual Users and click the desired user;

3. Click the Personal Options tab, then the Program IP Phone Buttons link;

4. Choose an available button from #2 to #8; select “Telephony”, “Monitor Extension”;

5. Label the phone as desired;

6. Enter the extension to be monitored, and set “Ring Delay Before Alert” to “Don’t Ring”;

7. Leave the rest as default and click the “Save” button at the top.

Comment

Working...
      X