Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Call call flow

Hi, all. I'm hoping that someone can give me a hand. I have some clients that require 24/7 support. Clients have a DID that they call which goes to an "oncall" extension. That extension has a CHM set to always forward to the oncall cell phone. This works ok, except that when the technician sleeps through the call, the voicemail sits on the cell phone and the call doesn't go any further until the tech wakes up the next morning to find out that they missed a call.

What I'd like to happen is that the call to the DID goes to the cell phone and if it isn't answered after a certain number of rings, it'll pull the call back and send it to another cell phone (on call manager or whoever).
    If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Well, you could do that with a hunt group or workgroup rings top-down, or if you are willing to let them leave a message and get called back you can use escalation profiles to notify via phone call, pager, and email of the message until someone listens to it. This is a pretty normal on-call scenario for our customers.

Comment

Agreed, Voice Mail Escalation, that works well for us including voice mail, texting, email, or calls.

Comment

Working...
      X