Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel Connect Call Reporting as "Bad Calls"

So we are in the middle of our ShoreTel phone system conversion and have rolled phones out to a few people to do some test outside calling with. We are a bit concerned as some calls seem to be showing up Red in the dashboard but the numbers reported don't make sense one call said it had lots of delay where another said it had over 50% loss however following up with both users they said the class in question were ok except user 1 reported the call soaunging a bit hollow. user 2 reported static on ringing but talking was ok. So was wondering if anyone could between explain what we are seeing side A is the Actual user Side B is our PRO which are SIP trucks delivered as PRI to an ST2D.

Last edited by DSF767; 10-04-2017, 12:10 PM.

IMO i never trusted what Shoretel rated as a "bad" call or a "good" call. I've seen bad calls rated with a MOS of 4+ and good calls rated with a MOS less than that. Not sure what metric is used to calculate those scores but they def are not accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaikalis View Post
      IMO i never trusted what Shoretel rated as a "bad" call or a "good" call. I've seen bad calls rated with a MOS of 4+ and good calls rated with a MOS less than that. Not sure what metric is used to calculate those scores but they def are not accurate.
      MOS is a spec calculation (read more here) but it only knows about statistics on network performance. ShoreTel has always done a number of things to mitigate the audible effects of network issues which accounts for many of your bad calls that sound good. Also this scoring assumes that both ends report successfully to the monitoring DB. And finally, there are always pieces outside the phone system network which it cannot account for and which have every opportunity to introduce poor sounding audio despite a healthy network connection.

MOS scores are meant more as a means of gauging whether audio quality issues are network related when they crop up than a foolproof way of determining if there are audio quality issues to start with.

Comment

Working...
      X