Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a CDR database or only log files?

Hello! I am new to ShoreTel products, administration, and this forum. I would like to write my own call transaction reports using Crystal Reports (or a similar tool). Is there a call history database that can be accessed on a ShoreTel server? I see a long list of CDR-MMDDYY.A.log files (in C:\Shoreline Data\Call Records 2) that contain much of the data I am looking for, but I am wondering if there is a database that can be queried rather than importing all of those log files regularly into a spreadsheet or database. I see MySQL is running on the server. Is that just being used for the Shoreware information? Thanks for any insight you can offer!

If MySQl is running the DB (most newer versions of Shoretel), then you need to add a MySQL ODBC connector. The user id (st_cdrreport) and password (passwordcdrreport) may be used to read the CDR database.

Comment

That worked!

That worked! Thanks for your help and your quick response! On to building queries and reports. Any comments, suggestions or recommendations?

Comment

only suggestion, share your report file with us!!! Free reports are awesome, and it gives everybody a start.

I'm not a Crystal reports person, so I suck in this arena.

Comment

Thanks, Charles. I will post any queries or reports we create. They may not be in Crystal Reports, because we primarily use Excel and Hyperion, but, if the information can help someone else save some time and effort, I'd be glad to do it!

Comment

MYSQL passwords for ROOT user

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            If MySQl is running the DB (most newer versions of Shoretel), then you need to add a MySQL ODBC connector. The user id (st_cdrreport) and password (passwordcdrreport) may be used to read the CDR database.
            Anyone know what the MYSQL password for the root user is? Need that to rrun mysqldump command on shoretel 7.0

Biff

Comment

Passwords:
              Logon: Root PW: shorewaredba Schema: shoreware
              Logon: st_cdrreport PW: passwordcdrreport Schema: shorewarecdr

Comment

shoretel CDR.MDB file

Passwords:
                Logon: Root PW: shorewaredba Schema: shoreware
                Logon: st_cdrreport PW: passwordcdrreport Schema: shorewarecdr

Thanks Charles, you are the man!

Here's another dumb question: I have shoretel 7.0. It uses mysql. Where can I find the CDR.mdb file that the older versions of shoretel formerly used. Is there an option to enable it? I like it because I use Microsquashe Access 2003 and MSSQL to read it. I recently upgraded from ShoreTel 5.2 to Shoretel 7.0, and I really got used to having the CDR.mdb file.

Biff

Comment

ShoreTel 7.0 + won't let you use the .MDB file. There is an option to import the .MDB record into the MySQL database if you need to.

Comment

Shoretel Reporting

Hi Guys,

My company is in the process of building a user friendly Shoretel 8 call reporting system.

We'll have two versions, Lite and Full.

Lite. will be a semi stripped version and software the user installs.
                    Full. will be hosted on it's own hardware and with other features that are not just reporting related.

That's all i can say about it right now, but you some of you are interested, shoot me an email and I can up you on a mailer about our products and company info.

I will not sell your personal information.

- Thanks!

Comment

ODBC Provider String

Here's a useful tidbit:
                      in MSSQL 2000 you can have linked servers, the provider string for a MYSQL CDR database would look like this:

Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};server=10.0.11.20;Port=3306;Option=131072; Smtp=;Database=shorewarecdr;Uid=st_cdrreport;Pwd=p asswordcdrreport;

thus linking together MSSQL 2000 and MySQL, using schedulded jobs you can suck data from mysql to MSSQL.

Sick, eh?

Comment

Does anyone know where the actual call data is when you access the MSQL database. I'm using the ODBC connector with Access and I have a table called Calls but it only has outgoing calls no incoming calls. I would like to access both incoming and outgoing calls via Microsoft Access using the ODBC Connector. Can anyone offer any help with this? Currently I'm using Microsoft Access and I'm importing the log files but I would much rather connect directly to the database.

Comment

Working...
                        X